+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next 10 games will decide our future

Couldn't care Fu(king less if we go down to be quite honest. We have an owner with no intention whatsoever in putting together a squad that can compete regularly in the top half of the prem. So for me I'd get more joy out of championship football and actually winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Couldn't care Fu(king less if we go down to be quite honest. We have an owner with no intention whatsoever in putting together a squad that can compete regularly in the top half of the prem. So for me I'd get more joy out of championship football and actually winning games.
    It´s a crying shame but I tend to agree. I´d hate to think we´d do like Sunderland - bouncing along in 16th and 17th place for several seasons before the inevitable happens. We´re going nowhere under Ashley - we know it, he knows it and everyone knows it and if he cared an ounce about the club (as he claims to) then he´d sell us off now. Ellis Short wrote off a debt with Sunlun - all Ashley has to do is make some less profit than he was expecting. A small glimmer of hope is that he´s taken money out of the club to get us more in a position to sell. If so, I´m glad we didn´t buy any more players - time for him to just feck off and even a leap in the dark with a new owner would offer some hope.

This meeting with Benitez and the team in ponteland.. Was Ashley sh!tting himself as the reality of no investment has put us in the drop zone .
    We finished mid table last season and he gambled on survival this season .
    He now realises that money will have to spent in January to give us a hope .. And it will be.
    The meeting was designed to get the squad and manager onside to ensure his advertising, Sky money etc keeps rolling in and to avoid him spending the thick end £100m to get out the chimpo, and the price reduction of the club value if he needs to sell.
    The blokes a total ar$ewipe but is sweating like a Kernt at the thought of dropping

All I want to do, and all I ask is that my season ticket money which I've paid for for donkeys years is to see that reflected on what's on the pitch.

I'm not bothered about trophies, that ship sailed long ago. I just don't want to watch Stokes third choice striker up front with a number 10 who I doubt would get in a northern league side.

Lack of investment is crippling our Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    All I want to do, and all I ask is that my season ticket money which I've paid for for donkeys years is to see that reflected on what's on the pitch.

I'm not bothered about trophies, that ship sailed long ago. I just don't want to watch Stokes third choice striker up front with a number 10 who I doubt would get in a northern league side.

Lack of investment is crippling our Club.
    Don't forget the injured Loan signing from WEST BROM who's wearing the same number we used to have Shearer pulling on.

Well after 4 games we have 2 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat .
    That's 7 points from 12 .
    It's going pretty well I'd say

Aye, interesting how our wins have come from the games most of us predicted draws/losses for.

And people laughed at this .

I make it 10 from 15

Very good return with some winnable games coming up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)