+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20(Twenty) Million Dack?

20(Twenty) Million Dack?

WBA ready to come back in January.. That's fairly big money for a player, despite the goals, who isn't fully firing on all cylinders, and who perhaps isn't as fit as he should be..

20m could replace his goals on more than one player, and significantly improve us as a team..

I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    WBA ready to come back in January.. That's fairly big money for a player, despite the goals, who isn't fully firing on all cylinders, and who perhaps isn't as fit as he should be..

20m could replace his goals on more than one player, and significantly improve us as a team..

I'm not sure.
    In this age of stupid fees, I wouldn't even be surprised.
    Fantastic for the Club, of course. In the Championship, I'd always opt for 4 x 5-million pound players, rather than one at 20 million!

Wonder if the Gills have a sell on clause? They must have given the low fee they sold him to us at?

They will have a 20 percent sell on clause I would think
    I like dack but 20 million would do wonders for us as a squad.

No point worrying about something that hasn't happened.
    We don't need to sell, and if we are in and around the play offs around Jan, the Raos family will invest heavily again.
    I trust TM 100% and he isn't stupid, he will know what's best. If we did lose Dack, then we would have to replace him.

A £20m player would be unlikely to come to a mid-table Champ side, so it would be a case of finding the next Dack and looking to push on. While spending the rest to keep upgrading the squad.
    Everyone has written off Brereton, he could easily be worth treble £7m in a few seasons.

We need to invest in certain areas of this squad so if 20 million is on the table we would be foolish to turn it down
    We are one of the club's looked at constantly with FFP so sadly we have to live within our means while others spend away happily.
    20 million would mould our squad considerably sadly at the expense of our jewel in the crown.
    We have a 3 year plan I doubt dack will be here in 3 season's time.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    We need to invest in certain areas of this squad so if 20 million is on the table we would be foolish to turn it down
    We are one of the club's looked at constantly with FFP so sadly we have to live within our means while others spend away happily.
    20 million would mould our squad considerably sadly at the expense of our jewel in the crown.
    We have a 3 year plan I doubt dack will be here in 3 season's time.

I really like Dacky. Despite him being a silly little boy off the pitch.
    My main concern is how heavily reliant we are on him. I don't like any side being too reliant on one person. Did Rovers ever really recover from losing Shearer? The more this goes on, the more reliant we are becoming.
    He was our spark last season, now he is that PLUS our main man for scoring goals. Take him out, and we lose our ability to get results. We would have to go get other players to fill other positions and hope to create more chances another way.

He hasn't gone yet, nor is there any actual proof he is going. But we all know how football works. And money certainly talks.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I really like Dacky. Despite him being a silly little boy off the pitch.
    My main concern is how heavily reliant we are on him. I don't like any side being too reliant on one person. Did Rovers ever really recover from losing Shearer? The more this goes on, the more reliant we are becoming.
    He was our spark last season, now he is that PLUS our main man for scoring goals. Take him out, and we lose our ability to get results. We would have to go get other players to fill other positions and hope to create more chances another way.

He hasn't gone yet, nor is there any actual proof he is going. But we all know how football works. And money certainly talks.
    The other example along those lines was when we had Rhodes. Brilliant goal-scorer, but we didn't have a Plan B.
    I have always thought the key figure for a team was the play-maker. I'd love to see another Tugay, but that's fantasy, and one of the great things about Mowbray is that he finds ways around the gaps. The absence of an outright winger and that play-maker was compensated for by having two journeymen "soldiers" in midfield, with everyone in front of them allowed versatile creative roles. Very clever and innovative.
    We now have Reed, Rothwell and - possibly - Rodwell in the midfield mix, so I think we will witness several different formations.
    It's great to have Dack in a free role, and I'd love to keep him, but TM is probably already working on alternatives if some massive offer does come in.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    The other example along those lines was when we had Rhodes. Brilliant goal-scorer, but we didn't have a Plan B.
    I have always thought the key figure for a team was the play-maker. I'd love to see another Tugay, but that's fantasy, and one of the great things about Mowbray is that he finds ways around the gaps. The absence of an outright winger and that play-maker was compensated for by having two journeymen "soldiers" in midfield, with everyone in front of them allowed versatile creative roles. Very clever and innovative.
    We now have Reed, Rothwell and - possibly - Rodwell in the midfield mix, so I think we will witness several different formations.
    It's great to have Dack in a free role, and I'd love to keep him, but TM is probably already working on alternatives if some massive offer does come in.
    I didn't escape my notice TM talked up his qualities in the post match V Bolton.. Bowyer used to do the same with Rhodes when it became obvious he wouldn't mind cashing in.

I may be wrong in TMs case, but we'll see..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I didn't escape my notice TM talked up his qualities in the post match V Bolton.. Bowyer used to do the same with Rhodes when it became obvious he wouldn't mind cashing in.

I may be wrong in TMs case, but we'll see..
    He'd be foolish NOT to do it, Saxo. With big offers already in the rumour-mill, it's part of a manager's duty to set up the possibility of a bidding-war.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)