+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20(Twenty) Million Dack?

20 million(if true)would revolutionise this squad
    Dack is a game changer but they come and go,if we spend the money wisely then it could progress us rather than set us back
    However it's all hear say at the moment.

Seems like the mooted 20m has come from the Rovers end, as in that's the figure we'd consider.. WBA are believed to have baulked at the figure.. So he goes nowhere at the moment.

Win-Win for Rovers.

If he continues to get the crucial goals plus the performances highlighted when on television 20 million will be a steal
    Social media is starting to clamber aboard the dack train
    While all this is happening the value is going up.
    I don't want him to go but at that price you certainly have to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Seems like the mooted 20m has come from the Rovers end, as in that's the figure we'd consider.. WBA are believed to have baulked at the figure.. So he goes nowhere at the moment.

Win-Win for Rovers.
    Its all part and parcel of doing well.
    I am shocked nobody saw how good he was last season.
    The price for coming up and tearing the division apart, is he will be under the spotlight.
    Remember, we all know how good he is. The other sides are finding out after he rocks up at their place, and scores the winner. Every week, his value does go up. Which benefits us.
    However, every week that passes, we become more and more reliant on him.
    Basically, if he doesn't play well or score, chances are we wont. That's a concern moving forwards.
    The teams that seem to do well in this division, have a very strong unit as a team, without the over-reliance on one individual talent. If he did go, then we would have to re-invest the whole fee back into our squad, which could strengthen us throughout. But we don't want to be selling our best player if we don't have to.

And while its a lot of money, if Villa turned down £40m for Grealish, then we need just review this. I don't think Grealish is as good. Yes £20m is a shed load of money. But lets have a look round and see what kind of money you need to spend on quality. No doubt, Dack is that.

Totally agree champs however we are constantly under the watchful eye of the football association and 20 million is not to be sniffed at with our poor attendances we need money from elsewhere
    I don't agree with financial fair play but we are one of the teams they are looking to punish constantly and if we look to progress further we cannot spend beyond our means.
    This isn't me saying sell dack to fund our existence but 20 million would create a more stable footing going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Its all part and parcel of doing well.
    I am shocked nobody saw how good he was last season.
    The price for coming up and tearing the division apart, is he will be under the spotlight.
    Remember, we all know how good he is. The other sides are finding out after he rocks up at their place, and scores the winner. Every week, his value does go up. Which benefits us.
    However, every week that passes, we become more and more reliant on him.
    Basically, if he doesn't play well or score, chances are we wont. That's a concern moving forwards.
    The teams that seem to do well in this division, have a very strong unit as a team, without the over-reliance on one individual talent. If he did go, then we would have to re-invest the whole fee back into our squad, which could strengthen us throughout. But we don't want to be selling our best player if we don't have to.

And while its a lot of money, if Villa turned down £40m for Grealish, then we need just review this. I don't think Grealish is as good. Yes £20m is a shed load of money. But lets have a look round and see what kind of money you need to spend on quality. No doubt, Dack is that.
    I don't think PL clubs generally look outside to the two top domestic divisions at all, Champs. In fact, they seem to concentrate mainly on international imports.

Rumours that spurs are monitoring dacks progress.
    January could become a bidding war for his signature and now he has started to attract more mainstream media attention we could end up losing our key player in the next window.
    I would think Tony Mowbray has a few irons in the fire replacement wise if the inevitable happens.

Having read some of the spurs fans reactions shows just how uneducated and detached the top 6 become from the rest of football.
    Dross
    He would weaken the team
    Please God no
    I would love him to eventually light the prem up but he would end up a bench warmer at spurs sadly
    He is better off at us at the moment and see where he is(progress wise)come end of the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)