+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Barkley

Ross Barkley

My tip to solve England's creative goalscoring midfield dilemma has started the season very well with Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    My tip to solve England's creative goalscoring midfield dilemma has started the season very well with Chelsea.
    Bloody hell, Saxo! When I saw the title, I thought you were going to say there's a rumour we're planning to sign him!

Dack will be in the England squad in the next 12 months I am convinced. If he keeps progressing like he is.
    If you where to put him in a side with better players, he would look even better. At this stage, as much as I quite like Barkley, I don't think he is much better.
    Dack adding strikers goals to his game, is just putting him onto the next level.

I keep getting told off for this damn positiovity!! But I asked this after a week of the new season. I am not being arrogant when I ask the question. But who is better than Dack in this division? I am not outright saying he is simply better than everyone, just asking the question, who is better than Dack, right here and now?

.....and nobody can every tell me the answer to that question?

I actually think Dack is UNDERPERFORMING for Rovers at the moment, despite the goals scored. He has it in him to be doing much better for the team I think, and doesn't look fully fit. Along with his off field problems, I reckon that's why southgate has overlooked him this time. If his attitude doesn't get better with maturity, this could end up a recurring theme through his career.

I actually think Dack is UNDERPERFORMING for Rovers at the moment, despite the goals scored. He has it in him to be doing much better for the team I think, and doesn't look fully fit. Along with his off field problems, I reckon that's why southgate has overlooked him this time. If his attitude doesn't get better with maturity, this could end up a recurring theme through his career.
    I actually do agree, you could also say that about Rovers as a whole this season. We are doing well, but I still don't think we are nothing close to our best. We have a lot more in our locker. Same with Dack. That said, he has added this special thing to his game, that I don't think you can learn in football. Being in the right place at the right time to score a goal. Rhodes had that (but ONLY had that!) Dack is that, but so much more. Your right however, he was down in the lower leagues for a reason. And he may miss out ever hitting the heights if his off field antics don't improve.

The England set up is still very clique orientated
    Yes Southgate is trying to free the shackles but let's be honest mount got into the England squad because he is a Chelsea player
    If he was a derby player he wouldn't be included and the same goes for dack we are unfashionable so that counts against him
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I actually do agree, you could also say that about Rovers as a whole this season. We are doing well, but I still don't think we are nothing close to our best. We have a lot more in our locker. Same with Dack. That said, he has added this special thing to his game, that I don't think you can learn in football. Being in the right place at the right time to score a goal. Rhodes had that (but ONLY had that!) Dack is that, but so much more. Your right however, he was down in the lower leagues for a reason. And he may miss out ever hitting the heights if his off field antics don't improve.
    What do you think about Armstrong, Champs? He has excellent moments, but I just feel he doesn't get into the game enough. Perhaps Palmer is the same, but I think it's just inexperience in his case. He looks a bit lost when the opposition are on top.
    On that point, I will go back to my admiration for Bennett. Is there a more hard-working, adaptable and consistent player in the League? Who would have predicted when he arrived that he would be as good as this? At first, Feeney looked the better option!

Best players for me so far this season.. Nyambe, Bennett, Evans and Raya.. In that order..

Disappointments(So far).. Bell, Armstrong, lenihan..

The Rest have performed as I'd expect, if not totally outstanding.

Best players for me so far this season.. Nyambe, Bennett, Evans and Raya.. In that order..

Disappointments(So far).. Bell, Armstrong, lenihan..

The Rest have performed as I'd expect, if not totally outstanding.
    It does sound as if Lenihan was back to his best against Bolton, though. Did you see it that way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)