+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot nice one Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    What authoritarian left? Russia and China (if those countries are what you are referring to) are now governed by free market capitalist ideals - .
    C'mon mike even you cant believe Russia and China are "Free Market"

Putin is the richest man in the world but only earns £100k per year

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    What authoritarian left? Russia and China (if those countries are what you are referring to) are now governed by free market capitalist ideals - which you worship so very much. You seem to have fallen asleep a long time ago...
    It's planet greatfire he lives on Mike. Normal rules of physics/ politics etc don't apply as in our world. Left is right and right is right. Or is it another combination?. I dunno. All I know is the planet he lives on operates entirely differently to what 7.5 billion earthlings experience here on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    *******s, the fascistic authoritarian left are the scary ones.

"Conform or else. No alternative opinions allowed."
    Here's a question for you gfire. Why would a successful world reknowned pop star whose success has come from her non political songs previously suddenly feel the need to conform to a political ideology?

rolymiller watch that Jonathan Pie special on iPlayer, he's a lefty but he's alarmed by how censorious and authoritarian the left have become.

Remember when it was the right and Christians like Mary Whitehouse who wanted to ban and censor everything?

The left have now taken that role.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Here's a question for you gfire. Why would a successful world reknowned pop star whose success has come from her non political songs previously suddenly feel the need to conform to a political ideology?
    Her management probably decided it would be better for sales, has probably lost most of her old country fans who were Republicans.

As I said she's also had a lot of pressure from the leftie Twitter idiots to declare she supports the Democrats, she was the only one who didn't come out for Clinton during the election campaign, in Hollywood/ the music industry it's vote Democrat or else, they will destroy your career.

Same with the teaching profession over here, if you're a Tory you can't ever mention it, most tell their colleagues they vote Labour. i hate this kind of thing, people should be free to support whichever party they want.

...and just maybe an intelligent woman like herself is quite capable of deciding who she votes for and on what basis without any influence of others. Could she actually care about gay rights etc? Some people on this planet actually do...I am pretty sure in her profession she will witness attacks on gays and racial discrimination etc first hand without it being a bit of brainwashing .She probably knows more about it and experiences it first hand more than you and me. (Well at least me because you wouldn't recognise it).

..and could it be most teachers actually do vote Labour as do a lot of other professionals who work in the public sector just,maybe, voting for who they want. Somebody must vote Labour greatfire they still get millions of votes...You don't half get about by the way, fancy knowing the voting intentions of teachers. You must know a lot!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-10-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Same with the teaching profession over here, if you're a Tory you can't ever mention it, most tell their colleagues they vote Labour. i hate this kind of thing, people should be free to support whichever party they want.
    Don't you think it might be something more to do with people in teaching and education, as well as other public services, are more likely to vote labour (or anyone other than tories) as they feel the impact of their policies on a daily basis? Delivering to bigger groups with less class support, colleagues made redundant due to class merges, classrooms and school buildings in need of repair, less budget allocation to do anything other than deliver the national curriculum. And then don't get many teachers started on the Gove inspired arts deprived reforms to the NC of recent years which deprive many schools of what many teachers consider to be valuable arts/cultural subjects. I know that this will not be important to you GF, but teachers, generally, understand the need for a rounded education, not one dominated by tickbox competencies and the ability to remember answers in examinations.

I have worked with teachers for the last 25 years in very different institutions and yes, most are quite liberal and non tory/ukip voters but I have known quite a few conservatives, had good debates and believe me mate they aren't afraid to share their views. And good on em. Teachers you see GF are, again generally, quite tolerant to people of difference, be it culture or politics. It's part of what we do in the day job.

Whereas you opened your response to the opening post and opinion with "**** off!"......

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Don't you think it might be something more to do with people in teaching and education, as well as other public services, are more likely to vote labour (or anyone other than tories) as they feel the impact of their policies on a daily basis? Delivering to bigger groups with less class support, colleagues made redundant due to class merges, classrooms and school buildings in need of repair, less budget allocation to do anything other than deliver the national curriculum. And then don't get many teachers started on the Gove inspired arts deprived reforms to the NC of recent years which deprive many schools of what many teachers consider to be valuable arts/cultural subjects. I know that this will not be important to you GF, but teachers, generally, understand the need for a rounded education, not one dominated by tickbox competencies and the ability to remember answers in examinations.

I have worked with teachers for the last 25 years in very different institutions and yes, most are quite liberal and non tory/ukip voters but I have known quite a few conservatives, had good debates and believe me mate they aren't afraid to share their views. And good on em. Teachers you see GF are, again generally, quite tolerant to people of difference, be it culture or politics. It's part of what we do in the day job.

Whereas you opened your response to the opening post and opinion with "**** off!"......
    To be honest I wish you all would **** off.

Don't model ya sen on Mr Intolerance Lollipop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    To be honest I wish you all would **** off.
    Lol - I see where you get your name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12