+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Board members ............

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey careful now, I wouldn't say its that bad lol.
    Maybe we should be clubbing together here against the real enemy... the awful town of Ponty carlo!!.

Leave Ponty alone..Their cakes are delicious ..

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I have a read from time to time to keep an eye on you Dingles
    Still waiting for you to visit Ingleton when on your way to Appleby!
    We always go via Ingleborough,it's very scenic Sven

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Leave Ponty alone..Their cakes are delicious ..
    Ok Alfredo, maybe Ponty does have a good side as well (although Ive never had a ponty cake, and I couldn't give a rats about the course and horse racing in general can you believe!!).

So then, me you and Champs, lets all team up together here against the pretentious town who thinks its a city... yes Im talking about wan*y Wakey!!.

Hey careful now, I wouldn't say its that bad lol.
    Maybe we should be clubbing together here against the real enemy... the awful town of Ponty carlo!!.
    It seems that people from Feath (or Fev as it's pronounced here ) hate Cas people the most? I just thought everyone over here was related one way or the other?? I'm actually thinking of moving to Ponte when my rental contract runs out in Feb. To be honest I don't really know either Storming Normaltown or Pontecract cakes?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - there is nothing wrong at all in using sport as therapy.
    When I was younger, busy and stressed, one of the the great things for me about stepping out on to a cricket, football or rugby pitch was that for a period of time, the rest of the world disappeared.
    I had a mate who used ultra-long-distance running for the same purpose, and I still find cycling clears my mind.
    I honestly believe the modern trend for meditation, yoga, mindfulness, etc. are other ways into the same process.
    I am a bit of a cold fish in some ways, so it's easier for me not to get sucked in to the emotions. When I read your posts, I get the impression you invest so much into each game that you over-react to some of the responses. Your post here goes a long way to explaining that commitment.
    I gather we were pretty dire against S. Utd. If so, there is nothing wrong with posters commenting to that effect. You shouldn't take that as an overall condemnation of what TM has achieved. I've only recently realised that a lot of what Saxo writes is tongue-in-cheek, anyway, and deliberately designed to stir us up. (I think he gets bored easily!)
    My overview of football now is that fans jump to conclusions too hastily. One good win doesn't make a team brilliant; one performance like that against the Blades doesn't make us awful. And neither are useful as predictors for the next match.
    My cousin (sort of) who supports Bristol City reckons two of their best performance recently have been the defeats against WBA and Sheffield Wednesday! Football isn't always fair.
    The other absolutely blindingly obvious thing which so often gets overlooked is that most games are decided in one or two moments. Fans talk as if it all comes down to advanced planning, but it's just as likely to be a lucky break of the ball. By definition, the teams are all pretty equal - especially in the Championship - and it's that equality which makes each game tense and unpredictable.
    If you took the time, you could probably look at a given week's results and say "We beat them today and they beat the league-leaders last week, so we should be top of the league", but we all know it doesn't work like that.
    The glorious uncertainty is one of the things that keeps us hooked.
    My favourite stupid utterance so far this year was from the bloke on the Telegraph site who said Mowbray should have done something to help Raya set up the wall when we conceded the late equaliser against Villa!
    Counting to ten probably helps, but being old like me is better. I have got used to accepting disappointments with a shrug, because there are so many new ones cropping up every day at my age! On the other hand, I still find life also offers a lot of pleasant surprises - such as some of the astonishing things I saw in Cambodia last week. (Trying roasted snake with my nine-year-old grandson was definitely a first!)
    Keep posting and keep caring.
    Thanks Auks. I really do appreciate that. And I do agree. As always I do value your input, especially with this.
    Your trip sounded fantastic?!! I believe you where away with your Grandson who must be experiencing some fantastic cultural things!!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    It seems that people from Feath (or Fev as it's pronounced here ) hate Cas people the most? I just thought everyone over here was related one way or the other?? I'm actually thinking of moving to Ponte when my rental contract runs out in Feb. To be honest I don't really know either Storming Normaltown or Pontecract cakes?
    You wouldn't say no to a beer or two though would you Champs, in Cas one day ?. (hey the Wetherspoons there are ok, even though they are full of ludicrous deluded Cas RL fans)
    Go on Alf, tell him who my RL team are... Im HULL FC and not Wakey or Cas, as you might imagine lol.

You wouldn't say no to a beer or two though would you Champs, in Cas one day ?. (hey the Wetherspoons there are ok, even though they are full of ludicrous deluded Cas RL fans)
    Go on Alf, tell him who my RL team are... Im HULL FC and not Wakey or Cas, as you might imagine lol.
    Mate of course.... we can sort something out. I'm only 5 mins around the corner from Xscape

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Mate of course.... we can sort something out. I'm only 5 mins around the corner from Xscape
    X-Scape, where they do the fake ski-ing on fake ice. But if you break your leg there, will that be fake as well eh ? lol.

Ponte Carlo and Monte Carlo.. Spend time in both..!

Champs - my grandson must be in a state of confusion. His dad picked him up from the airport when we returned from Cambodia, and took him straight off to Mt. Ruapehu to go skiing. From 35 degrees to zero in 24 hours!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)