+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Board members ............

Board members ............

I feel this is starting to cause problems on here Despair.

I do realise that I am appearing to stir up trouble, and I come across claiming to be the only one positive. Which I do realise is not the case.

I just want to try clear up my stance, and I will stick to this after I get this off my chest.

I am very much a glass half full type of person. Life threw some horrendous stuff at me in quick succession, where I lost my 2 biggest people in my life, my brother then my Father. Both where staunch Rovers fans. My Father in particular would always look at a positive rather than any negative. In life, and also in Football. I feel connected to BRFC as it makes me feel close to my Dad, whom I miss every single day. And my Brother.

After I lost both, I had to find a way of coping, and being hugely positive. That's not just football, its everything. Its how I find ways of coping with things that almost broke me. And took me years to come back from.

After I lost both, I had a huge void in my life. And watching Rovers has helped fill that. I am eternally greatful to TM for giving me a reason to get behind Rovers again. I had almost completely lost interest.

A lot of this is hard for me to explain, but I assure you all. I am not a fruitcake. I am not away with the fairies in a land of only happiness.

I struggle most days, I miss people, I don't really have anyone now. But I have my club. And they make me feel close to my family who are no longer with me.

So I hold my hands up, sometimes I get carried away. Because for me, its not just a nothing situation. To me its important. And its given me a reason to get up in the morning and have a reason to be excited again.

Sometimes, I am on a massive high after a game, where you very much get swept up in the togetherness of it all.
    Its a tight unit at Ewood, a small set of close fans, and a really tight unit between the club and players. I just think I feel a bit down after reading some comments on here. Which is all probably accurate, but sort of brings you down a bit.

I am also aware how quickly things in football can change. So for now, I am just enjoying a brief moment in my recent life where I have one thing. Football.

All I can do is apologise.

I like posting, its a way of me getting things off my chest.
    I don't know how to get round this problem, without stopping posting. Which is best for the good of this board.

You guys are all decent lads, and I do really enjoy chatting. Saxo ....who I have said some crappy things to is very much someone I include in all of this.

Don't apologise for your views. Personally I don't feel I have any right to censor other board members.

Don't ever get the feeling anyone is trying to drive you from Roversmad either, as that's bull****. We can't be losing any more..!

Didn't realise you lost your dad too champs, that's gutting.. Sorry pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Don't apologise for your views. Personally I don't feel I have any right to censor other board members.

Don't ever get the feeling anyone is trying to drive you from Roversmad either, as that's bull****. We can't be losing any more..!
    that's the thing mate, I don't think that at all. The opposite. I actually get the feeling people take a nicer view and are more patient.

I have turned into a an argumentative confrontational person who my Father would not be proud of.

All I am trying to explain is what's in my head. I am not trying to justify it.

I don't like myself when I post. I don't like who I become.

I don't really know what to do about it.

But the fact people dont like me because of it, upsets me. As I really like you guys.
    Your my Rovers family.

I just wanted to try explain myself that's all.

Didn't realise you lost your dad too champs, that's gutting.. Sorry pal.
    He would not want me arguing and being confrontational with everyone though. That's not how he brought me up.
    Its no excuse to behave a certain way. Everyone suffers loss unfortunately, not just me. Most people find an effective way of coping, and carry on in their lives.

Superb post Champs ..Sorry to here about your dad,I didn't know you had lost him too..I still miss mine now after all those years..

Anyway carry on being the deluded Rovers fan who thinks his team can do no wrong and keep on hating Burnley with a passion.I wouldn't expect or want anything else from you.. And whatever you do don't let them wear you down and keep on posting on here and claretsmad as well ...

Theres only room for 1 looney on here and we all know who that is don't we..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Superb post Champs ..Sorry to here about your dad,I didn't know you had lost him too..I still miss mine now after all those years..

Anyway carry on being the deluded Rovers fan who thinks his team can do no wrong and keep on hating Burnley with a passion.I wouldn't expect or want anything else from you.. And whatever you do don't let them wear you down and keep on posting on here and claretsmad as well ...

Alfy..?

Alfy..?
    Exackly.

No need to apologise champs
    I didn't know about your father either so I can totally understand why you feel so strongly against any negativity towards the club as that's your link with the people close to you that you have lost.
    We all react differently to things and maybe look at where other posters are coming from rather than it's us pissing on chips.
    I feel now we can draw a line under it and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

As always Alf, thanks. Your a good guy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)