+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pardew is an even BIGGER knob than first thought!

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    The U.K. also spends almost £11 billion p.a. of which almost £5billion p.a. is over and above what it receives from the E.U. This figure goes towards propping up (subsidising) the economies of the less wealthy nations such as the Republic of Ireland who have been net receivers since the day they joined.

If we stay in this figure will only go up and up and we will for ever be net subsidisers to the poorer members.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...european-union
    That's almost 8 years out of date Bill, latest figures i could find (office for national statistics) are UK to EU £18.9 billion gross. £9.4 billion net after rebate and EU to UK public expenditure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    That's almost 8 years out of date Bill, latest figures i could find (office for national statistics) are UK to EU £18.9 billion gross. £9.4 billion net after rebate and EU to UK public expenditure.
    It's been one big take on pocket emptier since we joined.

The thing which annoys me most though was that we dropped most of the traditional markets from the Commonwealth countries, mainly New Zealand and Oz who had supplied us for a couple of centuries.

It's been one big take on pocket emptier since we joined.

The thing which annoys me most though was that we dropped most of the traditional markets from the Commonwealth countries, mainly New Zealand and Oz who had supplied us for a couple of centuries.
    not strictly true about imports from NZ and Oz -imports still come but as a total for the whole EU

the biggest bugbear from say beef producers US and Oz is the refusal of hormone injections etc indeed that is one of the reasons they can,t wait to make trade agreements with us - are the EU are justified in refusing to take treated meat ? well we might protest against it then we go on holiday to the US and OZ and eat the same meat

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    not strictly true about imports from NZ and Oz -imports still come but as a total for the whole EU

the biggest bugbear from say beef producers US and Oz is the refusal of hormone injections etc indeed that is one of the reasons they can,t wait to make trade agreements with us - are the EU are justified in refusing to take treated meat ? well we might protest against it then we go on holiday to the US and OZ and eat the same meat

Treated meat and chlorinated chicken to keep costs down for the masses. Bet the rich do not eat the stuff! There is a health reason behind banning meats that are contaminated with this stuff. But hey ho we will be glad to be eating scraps soon.

It's what I love about this board.

Starts off about the inadequacies of Alan Pardew and ends up discussing the issues surrounding chlorinated chicken.

😃😃

Interesting what Prof Alan Manning ( immigration Tsar) has said to a home affairs select committee this week.
    Most of the immigration has been low skilled and has been of no benefit to the public purse whatsoever, and has actually had a negetive effect.
    Most fall below the level to pay tax and accrue benefits to top up poor wages.

No Sh\t Sherlock .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Interesting what Prof Alan Manning ( immigration Tsar) has said to a home affairs select committee this week.
    Most of the immigration has been low skilled and has been of no benefit to the public purse whatsoever, and has actually had a negetive effect.
    Most fall below the level to pay tax and accrue benefits to top up poor wages.

No Sh\t Sherlock .
    The arab influx we are getting will be a real boost to our economy

I mean let’s look at Arabic inventions Oh aye Algebra now that’s really handy I use equations every other day

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    The arab influx we are getting will be a real boost to our economy

I mean let’s look at Arabic inventions Oh aye Algebra now that’s really handy I use equations every other day
    our number system is based on arabic system hahaha

and i use algebra constantly - well when i say use i mean tackling or writing problems

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    our number system is based on arabic system hahaha

and i use algebra constantly - well when i say use i mean tackling or writing problems
    Nice try June but I’m afraid your wrong. Our numeric system was created by Indian Mathematicians around 500AD but it is termed the Hindu-Arabic System

I often wonder what the remainers would say had the referendum gone their way and the leavers demanded a second referendum.

Morally the only thing we are entitled to have a new referendum on is over the terms agreed on the leaving. The result of which should be either we leave on trems a, or we leave on terms b.
    Far be it from me to give voice to Brexit stuff as it doesn't really affect me or mine but why has Cameron's speech before the referendum been ignored.
    Name:  FireShot Capture 035 - BREXIT LIVE_ EU set to AGREE UK CAN s_ - https___www.express.co.uk_news_p.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  85.0 KB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)