+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Latest On Kieffer's Injury

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    "Problems" created by Goat.Now "the support" is scraping ararnd trying to cobble together a team of kids and hoping it comes off.
    We've just got to get on with it SB , adversity is the driver of creation .

Its been said that we signed Hedges as more of a striker than a winger to begin with, and I thought he started last season well with a few goals. And I wondered then if he could play up top occasionally (if needed!).
    Some poor form though and constantly getting picked and dropped, and the usual injuries as well, they all ruined what could have been a bit of a break out season for him.

As for missing Moore, yes of course its a blow but it shouldn't affect us that badly, should it ?. Maybe we will just find something extra thats been missing, and maybe one or two players (like Brown, Vic, & Cam) might make the most of their first team chance.
    Also, this could be one of those rare times when a player does well against his former club, like Cam as he was at Luton.

Agree Acido , Hedges can play up front and has looked good in the past. Similar to a Marley Watkins type player, I like Hedges and we still have plenty of options. Time for someone else to step up and take their chance , that’s how foot ball works. I’d like to see Brown play again also as he causes problems with his pace and movement

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Agree Acido , Hedges can play up front and has looked good in the past. Similar to a Marley Watkins type player, I like Hedges and we still have plenty of options. Time for someone else to step up and take their chance , that’s how foot ball works. I’d like to see Brown play again also as he causes problems with his pace and movement
    Its another small step forwards for me as well Esr that we DO have options, here and there in certain positions. Yes we could always do with having a 'stronger bench' but we're not exactly lightweight are with without Moore & Dougall.
    What do we do though with players like Hedges and Isgrove as well, when its so frustrating to see them spend more time injured than playing. Should there be a cut off point for example, where we say the next injury is the last and lets get rid now etc ?.

It's good to hear all the positivity, but how different would it have been if we'd lost at Peterborough?
    We started the season with Bradshaw and Moore up front, now we've got Victor, and Brown.
    Big difference, and 3 or 4 bad results now could put an end to automatic promotion chances.
    We were still short up front before we sold Bradshaw, now people are trying to convince themselves we'll be alright with no proven goalscorer, maybe even making do with a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its another small step forwards for me as well Esr that we DO have options, here and there in certain positions. Yes we could always do with having a 'stronger bench' but we're not exactly lightweight are with without Moore & Dougall.
    What do we do though with players like Hedges and Isgrove as well, when its so frustrating to see them spend more time injured than playing. Should there be a cut off point for example, where we say the next injury is the last and lets get rid now etc ?.
    You can’t just get rid though Acido if they’re under contract, if you release them you’d have to pay their contract up so you’re not saving anything

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    It's good to hear all the positivity, but how different would it have been if we'd lost at Peterborough?
    We started the season with Bradshaw and Moore up front, now we've got Victor, and Brown.
    Big difference, and 3 or 4 bad results now could put an end to automatic promotion chances.
    We were still short up front before we sold Bradshaw, now people are trying to convince themselves we'll be alright with no proven goalscorer, maybe even making do with a midfielder.
    It's not ideal but while the window is shut there's nothing you can do .

Moore's got a few but others have contributed pretty well I feel , Potts , Thiam , Mowatt , Cavare , Brown , Moncur and Victor have all scored so far this season .

Kieffer is a key player but we are far from being totally reliant on him in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    You can’t just get rid though Acido if they’re under contract, if you release them you’d have to pay their contract up so you’re not saving anything
    Ok I can see what your saying there Esr, but we're not gaining anything either are we by carrying this so called 'dead weight' when they are so injury prone.

But like I say as well Esr, I also think Hedges has more to offer to us than just being a part time winger. Will our management ever look into this option eh ?.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's not ideal but while the window is shut there's nothing you can do .

Moore's got a few but others have contributed pretty well I feel , Potts , Thiam , Mowatt , Cavare , Brown , Moncur and Victor have all scored so far this season .

Kieffer is a key player but we are far from being totally reliant on him in my opinion .
    I know the window is shut and we can't do anything about it but we shouldn't have let the window shut with only one fit striker.
    We are bookie's favourites for the title and right now we don't have a striker with any league experience of note.
    With owners not short of a bob or two, we should have had better back up for not much outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I know the window is shut and we can't do anything about it but we shouldn't have let the window shut with only one fit striker.
    We are bookie's favourites for the title and right now we don't have a striker with any league experience of note.
    With owners not short of a bob or two, we should have had better back up for not much outlay.
    I agree mate.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast