+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest On Kieffer's Injury

People knock the new owners and ceo SBRed but your earlier posts highlights that things are improving. Just look at the transfer fees we're paying out now compared to before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    People knock the new owners and ceo SBRed but your earlier posts highlights that things are improving. Just look at the transfer fees we're paying out now compared to before.
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

Just my opinion and I appreciate one or two on here made the trip to Peterborough and saw a very good performance , however .

I think in all honesty I believe you need at least one guy up top who is relatively comfortable playing with his back to goal , personally I'd go with Victor with plenty of support from the midfield , there are a number of candidates ,Brown , Hedges , Thiam , Cam Mac , Bahre , Potts or Moncur , I think Bahre maybe given Dougall's role on saturday alongside Mowatt .

I'd start with

__________ Walton ---------------------------------------------

Cavare------Lindsay------Pinnock------B Williams

_________Mowatt___________Bahre-------------------

Potts-----------------------------------------------------Moncur

---------------------------------Hedges-----------------------------

------------------------Victor-----------------------------------------

Subs

Jackson
    Greateux
    Brown
    Cam Mac
    J Willams
    Thiam
    An Other

Good team that Animal

I like the way that the attitude has changed amongst the support in the sense that instead of crowing about Moore's injury we're thinking of ways to get round it.

You can see the same with the HC too. He won't be crying about it. He'll get on with things.

Good team that Animal

I like the way that the attitude has changed amongst the support in the sense that instead of crowing about Moore's injury we're thinking of ways to get round it.

You can see the same with the HC too. He won't be crying about it. He'll get on with things.
    Stendel and Winkler don't have problems steve only solutions , they are German , nuff said mate .

:-) :-) :-)

Good team that Animal

I know I've put young Brown on the bench but I feel that two raw lads in advanced positions is one too many .

Plenty around Victor with a few games under their belt and B Williams is fine also at the back with the other lads for the same reason .

I can see where your coming from Animal , a big lad up front Victor ? Unless things have changed in training ? He's never struck me as being a player good with his back to the goal and holding the ball up for a teamate , it maybe something that's been worked on ? Not sure if Matty Pearson will be playing for them , if he is ? No doubt he will want to impress , he's the type to lose his rag and start kicking anybody in Red , if as you suggest Big Vic , it could be the making or a blow to the lad that sets him back , I'm sure the Audi guys will consider all options

Good team that Animal

"Problems" created by Goat.Now "the support" is scraping ararnd trying to cobble together a team of kids and hoping it comes off.

A million buys you nowt these days !! We were paying that 20odd years back rememba Sheron, Hristov, Hulme ? Tha carnt blame GG . Its yor lass Grace an tuthas on booard tellin GG wat to doo an se, I personally like wats happening nar ittul all come good thee see , tha needs that pottoff sharpish , ya grumpy Bleedah !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I can see where your coming from Animal , a big lad up front Victor ? Unless things have changed in training ? He's never struck me as being a player good with his back to the goal and holding the ball up for a teamate , it maybe something that's been worked on ? Not sure if Matty Pearson will be playing for them , if he is ? No doubt he will want to impress , he's the type to lose his rag and start kicking anybody in Red , if as you suggest Big Vic , it could be the making or a blow to the lad that sets him back , I'm sure the Audi guys will consider all options
    I'd be looking for Victor to drop off away from his marker and drag them out a bit Roma allowing the lads just behind him to try and get beyond their back four , up to Victor's feet and pop it off quickly rather than holding it up .

I don't want to see Victor isolated because as you rightly point out , holding it up isn't his game and I don't want to see him static , on the move dragging those defenders about .

This is where we get predictable at home with Kieffer in the side and we look to him at all times to be hold up guy but often it's slow and the defenders are set .

Move the buggers around , keep em guessing , there's nowt to stop Mowatt and Bahre coming up from deep just as long as somebody is switched on to cover should the opposition break on us , Cavare too with his power .

Got to find a way to break those two set lines at home mi owd , with Moore injured this provides an opportunity to use this set back and turn it in to a positive .

That's what I'd be working towards any road .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast