+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Right, I will be the first to say it....I bet he doesn’t score against Hearts. Any radge could score against St.Mirren
    GMS couldn't
    Shinnie couldn't
    Ferguson couldn't
    Gleeson couldn't
    Ball couldn't
    Logan couldn't
    Considine couldn't
    Devlin couldn't

Celtic couldn't

Heard Deek talk about Cosgrove towards the end of last season. You had to read between the lines, but it was interesting. The gist:

- he's cheap as chips
    - his attitude is terrific
    - he game into the the game late and is under-coached and under-developed for a player his age

I think the point was that guys with Cosgrove's physical attributes don't come to clubs like Aberdeen if they're the finished article. If we can hothouse him to compensate for what he's missed out on by not taking the game seriously at a young age, maybe we end up with the kind of player we couldn't easily get otherwise. SPL defenses don't cope well with powerful forwards.

It's a punt but he's already put in a few very decent performances. I noticed for example in interviews Burnley players mentioned Cosgrove among Aberdeen players who'd impressed them. Now he's scored a couple which maybe gets a monkey off his back.

If I had to bet my house on it, I still think he's more likely to be a gamble that fails than one that succeeds. But we can't just go out and buy guaranteed quality on our budget. If it works out, great for him and great for us. If it doesn't it hasn't cost us much. And at least we're using a bit of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Heard Deek talk about Cosgrove towards the end of last season. You had to read between the lines, but it was interesting. The gist:

- he's cheap as chips
    - his attitude is terrific
    - he game into the the game late and is under-coached and under-developed for a player his age

I think the point was that guys with Cosgrove's physical attributes don't come to clubs like Aberdeen if they're the finished article. If we can hothouse him to compensate for what he's missed out on by not taking the game seriously at a young age, maybe we end up with the kind of player we couldn't easily get otherwise. SPL defenses don't cope well with powerful forwards.

It's a punt but he's already put in a few very decent performances. I noticed for example in interviews Burnley players mentioned Cosgrove among Aberdeen players who'd impressed them. Now he's scored a couple which maybe gets a monkey off his back.

If I had to bet my house on it, I still think he's more likely to be a gamble that fails than one that succeeds. But we can't just go out and buy guaranteed quality on our budget. If it works out, great for him and great for us. If it doesn't it hasn't cost us much. And at least we're using a bit of imagination.
    Excellent post

Right, I will be the first to say it....I bet he doesn’t score against Hearts. Any radge could score against St.Mirren
    I’ll take you up on that.

What is the maximum stake to score if he is on the pitch and @ what price ?

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I’ll take you up on that.

What is the maximum stake to score if he is on the pitch and @ what price ?

SF
    A pint bet...deal or no deal?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    GMS couldn't
    Shinnie couldn't
    Ferguson couldn't
    Gleeson couldn't
    Ball couldn't
    Logan couldn't
    Considine couldn't
    Devlin couldn't

Celtic couldn't
    SaCk ThE nEt ViRgInS!!

So does that mean McLennon only scored at the weekend because it was against St Mirren?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So does that mean McLennon only scored at the weekend because it was against St Mirren?
    Let’s see if McLennon doesn’t score in his next 11 or so starts I’m sure you’ll be raving how great he is

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Let’s see if McLennon doesn’t score in his next 11 or so starts I’m sure you’ll be raving how great he is
    Apparently he won’t because he only scored against St Mirren and it doesn’t count as they are so sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Apparently he won’t because he only scored against St Mirren and it doesn’t count as they are so sh1te.
    Pretty sure mclennon will score more than 3 goals in his first 42 or so games cosgrove was crap before the st mirren game and he will still be crap after that game

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast