+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Cosgrove

The previous posts by BogBrush and The Moog have killed this discussion dead. Both spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    He didn't score against Celtic in '76 - Jarvie and Robb were the scorers.
    That may be, I referenced the '70 cup final
    Derek McKay scored the other two

The part I quoted was lifted from another webpage and obviously wrong

Last edited by afc1903mad; 06-11-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    The previous posts by BogBrush and The Moog have killed this discussion dead. Both spot on!
    Agreed

Are Lazio actually as daft as folk were making out

The guys improvement has been at an incredible rate. As he was a horse prior

Go on Sam loon

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Agreed

Go on Sam loon
    Agree, he’s had his doubters but:-

Positives: big tall striker and likely awkward to play against; pretty quick; decent first touch; eye for goal, clearly; confidence improving as is evident from body language; kicks Scott Brown.

Negatives: very few in the context of the £20K he cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Agreed

Go on Sam loon
    Agree with you,some posters are just too stubborn to admit that he has improved and i dont really know what they expect from someone who cost 20K,we paid something like 100K for Tommy Wright (mite have his name wrong) and he was a f@cking haddie,for what we paid for him he's scored just as much if not more than Rooney,maybe he falls over a bit much but you cant ignore his goalscoring record

I was one who completely wrote him off after a few months watching him. Couldn’t pass, shoot, run, score.

But holy $hit, he has proved me wrong. You can see how his body shape has changed, far better built and actually has a good turn of pace.

You just have to look at our goals scored this season where he has 16 and the person has about 3. Right now that makes him the most important player in our whole team in my eyes.

I would go as far as saying right now he would have the biggest transfer valuation in our squad.

I was one of those who thought he was utterly dire at first and that he would never be any good, but I'm happy to have been proven wrong. He has improved a lot. He's not the finished product, he still looks raw and clumsy at time, and there's still plenty more room for improvement, but in the meantime he's been banging in the goals. If he continues to improve he'll score even more.

I think he plays better when we try to play football as a team - although he's 20 foot tall, he isn't as effective when we're playing hoofball - the referees penalise him everytime he jumps. Play if on the deck, get it wide and into the box and he'll keep scoring. Also, play someone alongside him - I still can't stand Curtis Main, but the two of them together up top did well in the last game. Ideally I'd like to see Cosgrove and Wilson get a run of games together.

Name:  B27D4227-7F74-40E7-9B9E-1B3CB664CB0E.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  10.3 KB Name:  709B1DD4-6C72-48EA-BA1C-5FC2D5B0E549.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  10.2 KB

It was my birthday a couple of days ago. My kids bought me this, I might be the only owner of one of these. It will pride of place hanging from the Cruickshank Xmas tree this year.

Christ min, you’re nae a Cruickshank are you?

Far div yi come fae?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Christ min, you’re nae a Cruickshank are you?

Far div yi come fae?
    Toonser. Brought up in King Street and moved to Holburn Street when I was 12. That was a while ago though.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast