+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Cosgrove

https://nam05.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

I did not write that (honestly) but I could have

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    https://nam05.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

I did not write that (honestly) but I could have
    It's all spot on - 7 of his 13 goals this season from the penalty spot. Some others from set pieces, and hardly any from open play. However... surely that says more about the team, strategy, style, formation etc than just him. Sure, he could create chances for himself - but most strikers rely on team-mates creating chances for them. Our team don't create chances. Can he create a chance for himself out of a massive punt up the park that rarely goes anywhere near him? Most strikers couldn't.

I've been a big critic of Cosgrove but I do think there's been some improvement in his general play. The problem isn't so much him as the players around him and the style of play. "Cosgrove doesn't score from open play and hardly ever takes shots at goal" is just the tip of the iceberg of our issues - there's loads of reasons behind why that's the case.

We used to moan because we never got penalties. Now we seem to be moaning when we get them. If we're getting penalties at least it means we're getting far enough up the park to win them.

to the penalty area and beyond

Anyone know how many of Joe Harper’s 199 goals were penalties?

I’m sure he doesn’t care and I would tend to agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    It's all spot on - 7 of his 13 goals this season from the penalty spot. Some others from set pieces, and hardly any from open play. However... surely that says more about the team, strategy, style, formation etc than just him. Sure, he could create chances for himself - but most strikers rely on team-mates creating chances for them. Our team don't create chances. Can he create a chance for himself out of a massive punt up the park that rarely goes anywhere near him? Most strikers couldn't.

I've been a big critic of Cosgrove but I do think there's been some improvement in his general play. The problem isn't so much him as the players around him and the style of play. "Cosgrove doesn't score from open play and hardly ever takes shots at goal" is just the tip of the iceberg of our issues - there's loads of reasons behind why that's the case.
    It's no big secret that I honestly feel strongly since the day we signed him that he is mince, you may have noticed I have been pretty vocal about that. and my opinion on that has not and will not change.

To be fair I have given him the odd bit of credit now and again (nae much) and he can score penalties (normally)
    But your right the bigger problem is the quality of the players round about him and the lack of any decent service, so in summary if Sam fkn Cosgrove is being classed as better quality or standard of football player than the rest of the first team outfield players then holy fkn sh1t Houston we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I’m sure he doesn’t care and I would tend to agree with him.

King Joey could take a penalty,that's for sure.

He could also put the ball in the net from open play though.
    The best we have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

What's your point caller

A text fae an ex poster today..........

"Working back from today Sam Cosgrove has scored 37 goals in the past calendar year"

Nae bad.

Away in the summer for good money?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    A text fae an ex poster today..........

"Working back from today Sam Cosgrove has scored 37 goals in the past calendar year"

Nae bad.

Away in the summer for good money?
    5M min,i know he's a donkey but he's scored more than the tims 30M man edouard and a couple behind the huns 20M moron,english teams can easily afford it

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    It's no big secret that I honestly feel strongly since the day we signed him that he is mince, you may have noticed I have been pretty vocal about that. and my opinion on that has not and will not change.

To be fair I have given him the odd bit of credit now and again (nae much) and he can score penalties (normally)
    But your right the bigger problem is the quality of the players round about him and the lack of any decent service, so in summary if Sam fkn Cosgrove is being classed as better quality or standard of football player than the rest of the first team outfield players then holy fkn sh1t Houston we have a problem.
    This is just a very silly post. Ask any supporter of a non arse cheek team in Scotland whether they would rather have Cosgrove or their own no. 9 in their team.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast