+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Personal Fitba Firsts

How can folk remember their first games and goals? I reckon I was 4 when I first went to the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    How can folk remember their first games and goals? I reckon I was 4 when I first went to the football.
    Exactly, I barely remember anything under the age of 10! I must have had a traumatic childhood.

The first game I can remember was against Eintracht Frankfurt at Pittodrie, which the history books tell me was in 1979. So I would have been 6 going on 7 years of age.

Because these things are important.

Indeed, I would probably be the same, over 50 years ago......mind you, my loon remembers every game I took him to, albeit he is only coming up for 20......come to think of it, I canna even mind what I had for my supper last night!

Now, I can mind regarding fitba:
    1st trophy seen won
    1st scrap
    1st tin aff ma heid
    1st time lifted
    1st time locked up
    1st Euro adventure
    1st time scamming in
    1st game,goal or fitever......does not register with this auld mannie.

SF

I wasn't taken to my first match until I was 8 and just a few months before I was 9; primarily because nobody that could've taken me cared about football. However, they must've caved in because by March 1984 the bug had bitten quite deeply.

Nowadays, I watch people take kids (0-6) and I think what's the point, they won't remember. Your first match should be memorable enough for you to recall. I remember walking in through the Beach End and the excitement of seeing the green turf and the goals. For 99% of the crowd that day it was just a normal league match against St Mirren, but for me it was a start of passion that continues to this day, and hopefully, well beyond...
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 10-10-2018 at 09:53 AM.

1st Dons match- Kilmarock , away , Oct 1971 won 3-0
    1st Dons away - ditto
    1st Hampden - LC Final v Celtic , Nov 1976 - won 2-1
    1st Dons euro match - Marek Stanke Dimitrov , Sept 1978 , won 3-0
    1st Away euro match - Torino , Oct 1993 , lost 3-2
    1st Dons goal - King Joey , Kimarnock away , Oct 1971
    1st non Dons game - Motherwell v Hibs , Oct 1971

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Exactly, I barely remember anything under the age of 10! I must have had a traumatic childhood.

The first game I can remember was against Eintracht Frankfurt at Pittodrie, which the history books tell me was in 1979. So I would have been 6 going on 7 years of age.
    1-1 draw I think?
    Harper equalised for us (again, I think).
    They had some Korean guy playing for them with a double entendre name, Cha Bum Kum or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    1-1 draw I think?
    Harper equalised for us (again, I think).
    They had some Korean guy playing for them with a double entendre name, Cha Bum Kum or the like.
    Exactly as you remember it http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...0&squad=Senior

Cha Bum Kun was faster than ****e aff a shovel.

And Considine was playing left back. It wis his fault even then.

I have visions of the bloke in question whizzing diwn the left wing.

For it to have been Consi's fault, he would have had to be playing right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed, I would probably be the same, over 50 years ago......mind you, my loon remembers every game I took him to, albeit he is only coming up for 20......come to think of it, I canna even mind what I had for my supper last night!
    SF
    That’s hardly a surprise...you are normally p!shed every evening!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast