+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Personal Fitba Firsts

1st Dons Match: Aberdeen 5 Manchester United 2. Pittodrie, 23.10.72
    http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...6&squad=Senior
    1st Dons Away Match: Alloa 0 Aberdeen 4. 24.01.76
    http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...3&squad=Senior
    1st Dons Hampden Match: Aberdeen 4 Partick 2. 12.04.78
    1st Dons European Match: Aberdeen 4 Finn Harps 1. 19.09.73
    1st Dons European Away Match: Never
    1st Dons Goal: Joe Harper v Man United.
    1st Match Without Dons: Scotland 1 Belgium 0. 10.11.71
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/interna...hes/?mid=57594

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt_Scores View Post
    1st Dons match- Dundee United home Mar 82 - won 2-1
    1st Dons away - Dundee May 82 - won 5-0
    1st Hampden - SC Final v Celtic , May 17 - lost 2-1
    1st Dons euro match - Dynamo Berlin Oct '84 - lost 2-1
    1st Away euro match - TBC
    1st Dons goal - John Hewitt , Mar 1982
    1st non Dons game - West Ham v Watford Nov '85 2-1 West Ham
    If we lost 2-1 against Dynamo then that means it was the away leg? was that an error?
    Why did you end up at the West Ham game in '85?

Canna mind if it was my first but it wasn't far off it... I almost got kicked out of the livi dons cup game at Livi when Preece? F*cked up for them to score the only goal. I slapped the chair in front, it disintegrated, a shard flying forward almost hitting the steward

Cheers to the guy who was controlling the singing (or sumit?), he spoke to the police and they let me stay. Sh*te result though, probably should just have left!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    1st Dons Match: Aberdeen 5 Manchester United 2. Pittodrie, 23.10.72
    http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...6&squad=Senior
    1st Dons Away Match: Alloa 0 Aberdeen 4. 24.01.76
    http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...3&squad=Senior
    1st Dons Hampden Match: Aberdeen 4 Partick 2. 12.04.78
    1st Dons European Match: Aberdeen 4 Finn Harps 1. 19.09.73
    1st Dons European Away Match: Never
    1st Dons Goal: Joe Harper v Man United.
    1st Match Without Dons: Scotland 1 Belgium 0. 10.11.71
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/interna...hes/?mid=57594
    Was that the Alloa match that there was a riot in?

Any memories of the Finn Harps game? Why don't we have any video of our European games at Pittodrie in 1970s (probably not a question for you Neeps just thinking out loud)? Did nobody care or did the tv companies destroy them?

I heard there was a fair old crowd at Pittodrie for that Belgium game in 1971...I think I was born in the wrong era...

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    1st Dons Match : deid club 24/10/60 (lost 5-0)
    1st Dons Away Match: Dundee 28/1/67 (won 5-0)
    1st Dons Hampden Match Celtic 2 Aberdeen 0. 29.04.67. Scottish Cup final
    1st Dons European Match: KR Reykjavik September 1967
    1st Dons European Away Match Liverpool 4 Aberdeen 0. Anfield 05.11.80
    1st Dons Goal:
    1st Match Without Dons: Scotland v. Czechoslovakia 1973 (WC) won 2-1
    Oh, Scotland v Czechoslovakia in '73! It must've been a tight squeeze with around 120,000 in Hampden that night. I think that was the game that George Galloway said that someone had a pish down his new camel hair, ankle length coat

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Was that the Alloa match that there was a riot in?

Any memories of the Finn Harps game? Why don't we have any video of our European games at Pittodrie in 1970s (probably not a question for you Neeps just thinking out loud)? Did nobody care or did the tv companies destroy them?

I heard there was a fair old crowd at Pittodrie for that Belgium game in 1971...I think I was born in the wrong era...
    Alloa: .... Aye - scary stuff. Started aff good humoured, the Dons fans joinin in, mockingly, wi the home fans' "Alloa! Ooh! Ooh!" .... then some scuffles took place. Ah think the start o' it was cos Alloa fans were standin at the back o' the terrace (dirt hill) far we were, and were pishin on folk. Fae there, there were a number o' stand offs and scuffles. Mates o' mine stole the pepper containers fae the caterin sheddie, loosened the tops and flung them intae the Alloa crowd .... then bottles started flyin .. Ah saw a wee laddie aboot 8 years auld get hit on the leg wi a bottle .... jist horrible. Then the Alloa fans came at us fae oor right, and fae above us, and us folks at the front had tae go ower the barrier and ontae the pitch.

Ally McLeod came across the pitch screamin at us tae get aff the pitch ... we were winnin, possibly the full 4-0 at this point, so he didna want the game stopped. Ah canna mind, but Ah think the trouble died doon efter that..... although Ah seem tae remember some clashes ootside efter the game, there wis def an attempt by a sizable group o' oor lot attemptin tae find a wye tae get at the Alloa fans leavin at the ither end o' the 'stadium'.

Finn Harps: Dinna remember an affa lot aboot the game, but the atmosphere wis a bit weird... there wis still a lot o' bad **** goin on in Ireland, so for a young loon, there wis an element o' danger aboot it. Ah mind they scored first, and the silence wis pretty creepy. Also, that was the first game oor fans twirled their scarfs above their heids and 'sang' a long monotonous "Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" .... again, that was pretty eerie and unsettlin.

Belgium: Aye, as Ah remember, there wis aboot 40,000 there. This was ma first ever game ... at 10 years old. I was mesmerised by the crowd and the singin as much as Ah was excited tae be seein the likes o' Bobby Clark, Martin Buchan, Tommy Docherty, Billy Bremner, Sandy Jardine, and Jimmy Johnstone in the flesh.

As luck would have it, Clark, Buchan and Docherty were involved in my second ever game (v Man U.).
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 11-10-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    If we lost 2-1 against Dynamo then that means it was the away leg? was that an error?
    Why did you end up at the West Ham game in '85?
    Sorry, that was an error.
    Ended up at the West Ham game as was living in England by then and family friends lived in East London. We were visiting and went along to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Pardon ?

Must confess, I genuinely do like the odd decent dram now and again, however, after a day “trying” to beat Mr Hill/Dome.....I would struggle to operate drinking what you try to infer?

Stick in bud

SF
    A new bet for us to ponder....You think Cosgrove will score against Hearts? Semi final ticket as the bet?
    (Trying to not encourage your drink problem)

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A new bet for us to ponder....You think Cosgrove will score against Hearts? Semi final ticket as the bet?
    (Trying to not encourage your drink problem)
    Ill eat a tramps sock if Cosgrove scores v Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ill eat a tramps sock if Cosgrove scores v Hearts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345