+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dougal gets international call up

Dougal gets international call up

Midfielder brought into Australian squad immediately.

Football Federation Australia (FFA) can advise that Barnsley FC midfielder Kenneth Dougall will replace Huddersfield Town’s Aaron Mooy in the Caltex Socceroos’ squad for this week’s training camp in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as well as next week’s international friendly against Kuwait.

Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Graham Arnold said: “I have spoken to Aaron (Mooy) as well as Huddersfield’s Sporting Director Olaf Rebbe, and our medical teams have also been in communication over the past 48 hours.

“While it’s a pity that Aaron won’t be joining us for this camp, Aaron’s ability and importance to both teams is clear, so it is paramount that we help him manage his fitness for the long term benefit of both club and country.

“Kenny (Dougall) performed strongly in his first Socceroos camp in Turkey, and will now receive another opportunity to impress as we continue to add to the pool of players capable of performing for Australia on the international stage.”

When Dougall arrives in camp in the Middle East on Tuesday morning (local time) he will take the total number of uncapped players in Arnold’s squad of 24 in the UAE to five. A further eight players in the squad have eight caps or less, highlighting Arnold’s focus on the future.

The Caltex Socceroos’ international friendly against Kuwait will take place at the 18,500-capacity Al Kuwait Sports Club Stadium in Kuwait City at 7.30pm (3.30am AEDT – Tuesday, 16 October 2018) on Monday, 15 October 2018.

Australia and Kuwait have played 11 matches at senior men’s international level in the past, with the first meeting between the two nations coming in Sydney in 1977, and the most recent being played in Melbourne during the opening match of the AFC Asian Cup in 2015, where Australia won 4-1.

Following the October FIFA window, the Caltex Socceroos will return to Australia in November. On Saturday, 17 November 2018 the Socceroos will play Korea Republic at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, before meeting Lebanon on Tuesday, 20 November 2018 at ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park.

What a pointless call up ? Travelling to the other side of the world for a few friendlies Dunt even get a Cap ? ! Who actually comes first here , Club or Country ? A bet that Aaron Mooey is gutted he's not going !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Romared; 08-10-2018 at 08:35 PM.

He needs to pick up a niggle sharpish (like Fergie's players used to).

Brilliant , just brilliant !!!!!!

Where's the "benefit" to Barnsley?

Can't we persuade Dimitri 'Toby Carvery' to take him/Dougall out with an accidental late tackle in the dressing room, so he picks up an unfortunate 'injury' and therefore can't travel.

I agree with Intl call ups for big qualifying or tournament matches, thats fair enough. But aren't we meant to be moving away from Intl friendlies now as surely everybody can see that they are absolutely pointless.

It’s catch 22 intit. Sign decent players and they’ll get called up, sign sh I t players and they won’t . Can’t win !!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Can't we persuade Dimitri 'Toby Carvery' to take him/Dougall out with an accidental late tackle in the dressing room, so he picks up an unfortunate 'injury' and therefore can't travel.

I agree with Intl call ups for big qualifying or tournament matches, thats fair enough. But aren't we meant to be moving away from Intl friendlies now as surely everybody can see that they are absolutely pointless.
    Agree totally Acido ( nip ) Wenspenny fo thu guy start BTW , and on a more serious note , good news about Steve , was speaking to a bloke i've only known about a year , I park outside his house when I go for a run / walk , it turns out it was him and his Wife that helped Steve Croft get comfortable before the Air Ambulance came , he told me he had been in touch with him recently and he appears to be doing well , great news
    They are both Paramedics BTW always on Duty Matchdays at Oakwell ,

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It’s catch 22 intit. Sign decent players and they’ll get called up, sign sh I t players and they won’t . Can’t win !!
    Can't argue with that Esr, but it doesn't stop us feeling more than a bit peed off when it happens to us.

Its the same as well though in whats now become the 'dreaded' January window. If we're doing well then players are going to be tempted away, and if we're struggling and its looking like relegation, then nobody gives us a second glance.

So true Acido, last time we were promoted we were down the bottom in January so nobody wanted the players.
    Come May we were promoted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast