+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Neilson's here...

Now Neilson's here...

Hopefully we wont keep everyone back at corners

I'll be able to listen to more than 15 seconds of the manager interviews now

Subs made before the 85th minute

No more watching someone constantly wave their arms around like an octopus on speed!

Pleasing!!!

........and our defence will be less porous than a tea bag. Hopefully.

Biggest thing he can do is get the tean working as hard as our opponents.

I am delighted with Neilson being appointed.

Fingers crossed it all works out. He has good record and comes across as a great, young, hungry Scottish manager

No more baffling decisions from CL

Is ST fully out of the club now too??

I now have confidence in manager which haven’t done in a while.

Happy days 😊

I'm sure Robbie will get a lot more out of the current squad, get them better organised, and will be a far better manager than CL. (wouldn't difficult). So I'm optimistic.
    I also believe that MM will be a huge improvement than ST, (wouldn't be difficult), so a new board, a new manager, things can only get better.
    I was at the Alloa game, Ross County, Ayr, feeling pretty despondent after each game, and decided to give the Partick game a miss, but you never give up on United, so with renewed optimism, I'll be at Firhill supporting Robbie and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Hopefully we wont keep everyone back at corners

I'll be able to listen to more than 15 seconds of the manager interviews now

Subs made before the 85th minute

No more watching someone constantly wave their arms around like an octopus on speed!

Pleasing!!!
    I could have written this, word for word! And added that maybe some players will be played in their natural position, in a stable, straightforward formation - With a plan B (Unlike Ray)

I'm hoping this is a fresh start, at last - Heading to Firhill this weekend to find out.

Wasn’t there today but heard on the radio we dominated the midfield. Pressed them high and forced them into making mistakes and looked like we could of won the game by 3-4.

Hopefully that’s the way we are going to play every week now!

Thankfully, a lot of the obvious failings under Csaba, a few which have been raised on this thread, have already been addressed.

Heard his post match and it was 4-2-3-1 which is interesting.

Rotated McMullan Aird and King all the time to keep us unpredictable which during his best spell McNamara did with Armstrong, GMS, Gauld etc behind Ciftci.

Delighted with the win. We need Fyvie to be fully fit though I reckon. But then again maybe with time he will whip Barton etc into shape

Good footage from the game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQm5vkyuzoU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)