+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T How times have changed ( Eagles World Tour)

O/T How times have changed ( Eagles World Tour)

About £500 for two decent tickets at Leeds, Manchester & Liverpool,remember going to the baths hall Rawmarsh & seeing some very good bands for about 10 Bob.

Not even the full band anymore.

Bit weird how both The Eagles and Steely Dan go on world tours after major band members died.

Alternatively for much less you can see a tribute band.

Have seen Nearly Dan and they are fantastic.

There's an Eagles tribute band called Talon who are meant to be good, playing Rotherham on Nov 10, £21.50 to £23.50, much cheaper.

http://www.talonmusic.co.uk/tour/

https://uk.patronbase.com/_Rotherham...1/Performances

I missed out on seeing the Eagles in Las Vegas years ago. I didn't know they were on when we booked the trip. When we got there, and I found out, they were sold out.

I did see the "Ultimate Eagles" at Sheffield City Hall last year. They were good but the sound mixing wasn't great. On their youtube videos the sound is spot on but in the City Hall the instruments almost drowned out the vocals. The average age of the audience made me feel like a whippersnapper. Old blokes were getting up and heading for the toilets every couple of minutes.

I certainly wouldn't pay massive prices to watch an ageing Eagles with half the original members missing. Rip-off prices aside I'd find it a bit depressing.

If Doctor Who is still in Sheff I might ask her for a lift back to the Capital Center in Maryland in 1977 to catch them when they were good.

Bit too MOR and bland for me.

I went to the San Francisco leg of the tour about three weeks ago. Two tickets were about $260 (£200). These were about as far away from the stage as you could get but it was a steeply raked baseball stadium and we were centre stage so an excellent view and there were two huge screens.

It's important to know that the whole show started at 5.00pm and, in addition to The Eagles, we had The Doobie Brothers and The Zack Brown Band both of whom were excellent. The Eagles played non-stop from about 7.45 to just before 11.00pm. The price, for six hours of high quality live music was therefore not too bad.

The Eagles did not disappoint. The replacement players were great and Joe Walsh was his usual self. Henley tended to be much more low key and shared the drumming with a stand in. I have to say there wasn't a massive amount of atmosphere and it was in some ways a too slick production. (I'd seen them in 2004 and would say I enjoyed that more) but it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not even the full band anymore.

Bit weird how both The Eagles and Steely Dan go on world tours after major band members died.

Alternatively for much less you can see a tribute band.

Have seen Nearly Dan and they are fantastic.

There's an Eagles tribute band called Talon who are meant to be good, playing Rotherham on Nov 10, £21.50 to £23.50, much cheaper.

http://www.talonmusic.co.uk/tour/

https://uk.patronbase.com/_Rotherham...1/Performances

Good shout Fire. Worth checking out the tributes. Just seen an excellent early Numan tribute act in Bolton called Tubeway Days - brilliant authentic reproduction of the vintage heavy synth sound that Numan produced in the early albums. Excellent quality. Not to be sniffed at - I'm sure there's good quality in many tributes (and many not so good) but if you can't afford the original, if they're not touring anymore, or if they're plain dead, then worth looking out for a good tribute act.