+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A/deen vs Sevco

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    The words "Fighting to get a 50/50 split" should anger everyone in this room...

Sadly too many are happy to play along, hence 18 years later we still have the same issues.

As Mason says, let the back patting begin, great job on making a game that should be neutral still favour one team.

I guess we all measure success differently
    Sheepy min, when it comes tae measurin success, can Ah jist point oot, that if you are successful in yer constant, ongoin efforts tae persuade Dons fans tae stop attendin games, there will be nae point in fightin, or even askin nicely for a 50/50 split. Ah tak it you winna be goin, so it should mak nae difference tae you onywye .... or does it?

Mak yer mind up min.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Sheepy min, when it comes tae measurin success, can Ah jist point oot, that if you are successful in yer constant, ongoin efforts tae persuade Dons fans tae stop attendin games, there will be nae point in fightin, or even askin nicely for a 50/50 split. Ah tak it you winna be goin, so it should mak nae difference tae you onywye .... or does it?

Mak yer mind up min.
    I am not trying to get folk to not go to a game or games. I am sure everyone in here is big enough to make up their own mind.

I couldn't care less if we sell 8000 or 28000 tickets. The point I am making is that those who attend are supporting a rigged game and if you want change in the game, then in my opinion there is only one thing you should do. However its up to others what they do.

I do think you miss the point though... Is this a game that should be neutral? if so, why are we "fighting" to get a 50/50 split? Why are we "negotiating"? What was conceded in these negotiations? Is it neutral if you do not get 50/50 from the outset? So if its not neutral then its not fair.... Its not a great look to moan about it after a defeat, or even saying at that point your not going back.

No point in protesting about these things when we are poor and crowds go down, these things have to be done when its perceived your doing reasonable or on a high.

But each to their own and yes you are correct, I will not be there

Is this a game that should be neutral? if so, why are we "fighting" to get a 50/50 split? Why are we "negotiating"? What was conceded in these negotiations? Is it neutral if you do not get 50/50 from the outset? So if its not neutral then its not fair....
    Exactly.

I am not trying to get folk to not go to a game or games. I am sure everyone in here is big enough to make up their own mind.

I couldn't care less if we sell 8000 or 28000 tickets. The point I am making is that those who attend are supporting a rigged game and if you want change in the game, then in my opinion there is only one thing you should do. However its up to others what they do.

I do think you miss the point though... Is this a game that should be neutral? if so, why are we "fighting" to get a 50/50 split? Why are we "negotiating"? What was conceded in these negotiations? Is it neutral if you do not get 50/50 from the outset? So if its not neutral then its not fair.... Its not a great look to moan about it after a defeat, or even saying at that point your not going back.

No point in protesting about these things when we are poor and crowds go down, these things have to be done when its perceived your doing reasonable or on a high.

But each to their own and yes you are correct, I will not be there
    Enjoy the game on the telly/wireless.......I’ll hopefully enjoy cheering us thru to the final......I mind the semi final in 1976 when we spanked the dead club 5-1, genuinely thought I would not get out Hampden alive as we were surrounded after the 3rd goal......character building and no stamping of feet or whataboutery from the dandies that were there to support their club.

SF

What's the pubs like up that end? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    What's the pubs like up that end? Any suggestions?
    Get pished before you go, or drink in the city centre before heading out. One thing that’s never considered by our board when they’re taking one for Rangers traditions, is that Hampdens a sh1t day out from the East Stand

Heard that, had a look but not much going on up that end, don't fancy rurrrrrglen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Enjoy the game on the telly/wireless.......I’ll hopefully enjoy cheering us thru to the final......I mind the semi final in 1976 when we spanked the dead club 5-1, genuinely thought I would not get out Hampden alive as we were surrounded after the 3rd goal......character building and no stamping of feet or whataboutery from the dandies that were there to support their club.

SF
    Fill your boots my friend...

You forgot to allow for the McInness factor which consists of game management from the first whistle, so i can almost guarantee there will be no thrashing of the new club this time round.

It would be a shame if we hear of how rigged it is after a pumping. The moments gone at that point

Enjoy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234