+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Policeman

Policeman

Sits in his car and watches terrorist stab another policeman dead...hmmmm ..I bet he's proud of himself..

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/top-met-po...102548073.html

I used to be a firefighter Alf, and my ex-colleagues were told to sit in their fire engines and wait while kids were dying at the Manchester Arena. I'm bloody glad I'm not one now, I wouldn't have wanted to live with that.

[QUOTE=sinkov;39035057]I used to be a firefighter Alf, and my ex-colleagues were told to sit in their fire engines and wait while kids were dying at the Manchester Arena. I'm bloody glad I'm not one now, I wouldn't have wanted to live with that.[/Q

You may know my Dad Alto He was in the Brigade for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Sits in his car and watches terrorist stab another policeman dead...hmmmm ..I bet he's proud of himself..

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/top-met-po...102548073.html
    I thought the same Alf until I read beyond it. Hardly phucking Braveheart though is he?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought the same Alf until I read beyond it. Hardly phucking Braveheart though is he?
    And what good would it have done??
    Someone gas to stay in charge""

happening more and more these days - especially during the so-called terror strikes - regular emergency services stopped from immediateily entering the scene.....until - the area is managed - very odd

Very difficult decisions to make on the spur of the moment and I am sure the protocol is not to risk even more loss of life.

Sucks though.

[QUOTE=bfcjon;39035075]
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I used to be a firefighter Alf, and my ex-colleagues were told to sit in their fire engines and wait while kids were dying at the Manchester Arena. I'm bloody glad I'm not one now, I wouldn't have wanted to live with that.[/Q

You may know my Dad Alto He was in the Brigade for 30 years.
    I presume you're talking to me Jon and not Alto, where did your dad work ?

[QUOTE=sinkov;39035298]
    Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post

I presume you're talking to me Jon and not Alto, where did your dad work ?
    Sorry Sinkov,...He worked for the Burnley Fire Brigade as it was then, for 30 years up until about 1990, When he had to take early retirement, because of a Kidney removal.
    Broke his heart when he had to Retire, He loved it.

[QUOTE=bfcjon;39035400]
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Sorry Sinkov,...He worked for the Burnley Fire Brigade as it was then, for 30 years up until about 1990, When he had to take early retirement, because of a Kidney removal.
    Broke his heart when he had to Retire, He loved it.
    I worked at Burnley from 1974-1987 Jon, so if your dad was in the old Burnley Borough Brigade he would have been there when I started. I will know him, what were his initials ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)