Thread: Dobbie Extends Contract

Dobbie Extends Contract

Excellent news and I reckon he will play another season after that all being well

Fantastic news. He’s got to be in the next Queens Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by lcfc57 View Post
    Excellent news and I reckon he will play another season after that all being well
    Let's hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Fantastic news. He’s got to be in the next Queens Hall of Fame
    Most definately and I wonder what goals total he'll end up on.

I've never seen Dobbie play but one wonders why such a great player wants to commit his future to a club with absolute zero ambitions. Perhaps it's a two way thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    I've never seen Dobbie play but one wonders why such a great player wants to commit his future to a club with absolute zero ambitions. Perhaps it's a two way thing?
    Not sure exactly, although on having a chat with him at Lyle's testimonial dinner at Ibrox, he just loves the club and fans so much he wants to repay them for helping him kick start his career.

As I have said previously it was a no brainer as Dobbie has said recently on many occasions that he loves it at Queens and would be happy to stay until his retirement however all credit to the board for recognizing this by getting the paperwork signed. If he remains fit, he is currently fitter and sharper than he has ever been, I am sure we can squeeze at least another year out of the maestro. Just brilliant news.

I was listening to TalkSport last night with Strachan and Holloway and they were discussing Gary McAllister and how between the ages of 30-36 he was fitter than in his early 20s. Got me thinking about Dobbie.

It will be interesting to see in the next 10 years if we have more players of a similar age playing at this level of football and maybe it could become a norm for players to finish closer to 40.

Hopefully we have a few younger prospects coming through the ranks next season to bolster the squad.

To hear him say again how much he loves the club on the Si Ferry interview brought a lump to my throat. A class guy on and off the park

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    To hear him say again how much he loves the club on the Si Ferry interview brought a lump to my throat. A class guy on and off the park
    Absolutely spot on Arrol, I just wish the BOD could build a team around him before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Absolutely spot on Arrol, I just wish the BOD could build a team around him before it is too late.

Truthhurts the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Truthhurts the troll.
    This time he has a fair point. We have the best striker in the division by a country mile. We'll never have a better chance of achieving promotion; with Dobbie in the team. If we're in the top 4 come January i hope the board will loosen the pure strings slightly to have a real go at promotion. Inexperience in other areas of the pitch may cost us.