+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reserve team?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Dennis has had two good seasons as a professional - one in the Conference with Macclesfield; the other last season with Chesterfield. It is not a brilliant record for a 28-year-old. I read one of his former managers saying he was a hard-working forward who worked his socks off for the team. That’s not what we’ve seen. The biggest problem was signing both him and Hemmings as a front two, since they clearly don’t work as a duo. Thank God for Stead (and I never thought I’d be saying that again).

Glad to hear HK equally frustrated by the team’s performance. No excuse for that lack of enthusiasm from pro footballers, no matter what the competition. They didn’t get paid any less this week because it was a Checkatrade fixture.

Was Dennis trying? In fact, were any of them trying? AH ought to refund the money taken at the gate, or give it to Charidy. No-one on that pitch tonight will come anywhere near troubling the 1st team, that's for sure.

Shyte competition, hope we’re out, wouldn’t go even if we got to Wembley.

Can’t believe it still needs to be said, but anyone who doesn’t think this is a backdoor for B teams getting in the league is being naive in the extreme.

Went to the theatre instead tonight, bigger crowd, more to cheer, some good honest performances and allowed to drink in your seat. The sooner we are out of this farce of a tournament the better!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Was Dennis trying? In fact, were any of them trying? AH ought to refund the money taken at the gate, or give it to Charidy. No-one on that pitch tonight will come anywhere near troubling the 1st team, that's for sure.
    Some of them already have troubled it. It's no coincidence that we don't lose any more now they've been consigned to the stiffs.

HK was not amused, in fact he seemed totally bemused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDk2c78mLY

Didn't go but listened to the commentary. It sounded woeful.
    If you add in Duffy, Hawkridge, Hall and Oxlade Chamberlain and Keston Davies it's a massive squad chock bang full of mediocrity.
    A massive clear out needed in January, there's up to eight players we should want to shift out and RB, Keeper, robust centre mid and target man striker need to come in.
    Never known us to have such a crazily imbalanced squad.

Elite and Big Fat Pie are right, it's the thin end of the wedge for lower league clubs and the whole thing should be put out of its misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Some of them already have troubled it. It's no coincidence that we don't lose any more now they've been consigned to the stiffs.
    What on earth was the thought process when we signed Vaughan in the summer? I feel slightly sorry for him, because he’s just not cut out for League 2. But tonight, in a glorified training session, he had the chance to get on the ball, quarterback-style, and start spraying it around. Instead, he was again pretty anonymous. We may as well pay him up and cancel his contract, because he’s finished, and give a youngster like Howes a chance instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    HK was not amused, in fact he seemed totally bemused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDk2c78mLY
    They were a disgrace tonight, just could not care less. Well said HK, you will not get any BS from this man. He says it how it is.... I think we have dropped on a little gem here.

It’s time we checked out of this farce of a competition once and for all.

I still don’t understand why we are getting 1,000 going to a game that is only to the benefit of the premier league and their B teams, and in my opinion is an experiment to test the water for bringing them into the lower leagues. But each to their own, if others want to go and watch Notts I don’t begrudge them.

I’ve boycotted this competition since it started with B teams and will continue to do so.

All the lower league clubs are left with is the indignity of each clubs long unique history being left to compete with 11 unknown players that are a spin off of a premier league team and just wearing their kit. It’s a joke. Those players wearing the Newcastle kit tonight should be in the lower leagues learning their trade, not playing in a premier league teams shirt in the checkatrade.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    They were a disgrace tonight, just could not care less. Well said HK, you will not get any BS from this man. He says it how it is.... I think we have dropped on a little gem here.
    For once AI largely agree although too early to say by far if he is a little gem. I enjoyed the way he criticised the players for not taking their chance whilst not naming names but very clearly getting his point across that they were ****. Underneath he looked fuming and he does look every inch a winner.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast