+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Reserve team?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Over 1,000 Notts supporters at the game tells me that, similar to Brexit, Forte as a striker, the average of two simple numbers (zero and 10) and politics in general, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.....you are an opinionated, argumentative, aggressive, uneducated tosspot....sorry, I know, the truth hurts.

ps what kind of sad gimp spends his holiday on Notts MAD arguing?.....don't tell us that you're family have booked into a separate hotel again?........hahahaha, Elite is on his own again jerking off to re-runs of Benny Hill and arguing with his shadow
    Wow!

Regarding the tin pot cup I'm with Elite. Scrap it immediately and send a message to the Prem that we aren't going to accept your B teams, by this back door or any other way

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Wow!

Regarding the tin pot cup I'm with Elite. Scrap it immediately and send a message to the Prem that we aren't going to accept your B teams, by this back door or any other way
    Fortunately most fans up and down the country can see the bigger picture and are prepared to stand up for what they believe in, while some get offered a few quid an immediately drop their trousers and bend over. It takes all sorts I suppose.

Every step of the football pyramid has some competition that fans don't really care about - and its normally the one they've got the most chance of winning (My local non-league side just got knocked out of something called the 'Velocity Trophy'... who cares when they've got an FA Cup fixture next week??).

If the EFL Trophy is to continue, the powers-that-be need to accept it for what it is: a low-attended, third-rate competition that no one cares about until the final. Stop trying to jazz it up and make it something it isn't. Make it a straight-knockout cup for lower league teams.... or just don't bother!

Agree with Elite here it's the thin end of the wedge. Thank god the reaction since they changed the format has been by and large apathy with attendances reflecting that. If the competition reverted back then yeah let's go for it but why the hell should we care about Newcastle under 21's getting game time, **** them. Sick of the sycophantic Premier League bull.

This competition, like iFollow is just another example of how the EFL are failing miserably in their obligation to safeguarding the financial sustainability of its members.

A doubt there was a single match this week in this farce of a tournament where the host club got anywhere near break even on the night.

The old format was fine, this pandering to the PL from the EFL is just disgraceful. Imagine having up to say 12 B teams playing in the EFL at the expense of proper league teams, especially those with a wealth of history. Just doesn't bear thinking about!

I agree with Elite , the piss pot cup needs binning. I thought I had convinced my lad that including the premiership clubs kids could result in mission creep so we didn't go. In then bugged me all day and his mum accused me of possible child neglect, so I had to spend 10 ickies and we watched it on ifollow.
    I also agree with Tarkers, Elite is a tosspot.
    Last edited by navypie; 11-10-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I agree with Elite , the piss pot cup needs binning. I thought I had convinced my lad that including the premiership clubs kids could result in mission creep so we didn't go. In then bugged me all day and his mum accused me child neglect, so I had to spend 10 ickies and watch it on ifollow.
    I also agree with Tarkers, Elite is a tosspot.
    I'd be interested to know tarquin's take on the inclusion of Premiership B teams. Ignoring his juvenile personal insults to me (not difficult as they are so lame) he's not said a lot on the real topic this thread has turned into. He seems quite happy with it because those very nice, kind big clubs have allowed us to get 10k (less than half a weeks wages for one of their reserve players) if we beat their reserves. I would tell them where to stick it, while he would tug his forelock and say "thank you very much sir".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd be interested to know tarquin's take on the inclusion of Premiership B teams. Ignoring his juvenile personal insults to me (not difficult as they are so lame) he's not said a lot on the real topic this thread has turned into. He seems quite happy with it because those very nice, kind big clubs have allowed us to get 10k (less than half a weeks wages for one of their reserve players) if we beat their reserves. I would tell them where to stick it, while he would tug his forelock and say "thank you very much sir".
    Not that you don't ever throw the odd juvenile insult out there . I bet Mrs Elite loves you being on here ' can't we just enjoy our jollies for once '

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not that you don't ever throw the odd juvenile insult out there . I bet Mrs Elite loves you being on here ' can't we just enjoy our jollies for once '
    She's busy packing. My job is to sit by the pool finishing off the last of the alcohol supplies in the villa. She's a good woman, so it was only right that I volunteered to take on the job. I'm all heart me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I do believe you said you were coming home the day before the now postponed Oldham game. This would make this your last night and your'e on here ! My Mrs would kill me.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast