+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lost dressing room

Lost dressing room

I would suggest Robinson may have lost dressing room as where I sit, clear signs of disagreement between manager/players. Robinson a forlorn figure standing dugout with Lasley rarely seen offering support. Main when substituted was ignored by Robinson. IMO Robinson on borrowed time and has game(s) left to turn around. Regardless injuries, few of his recent acquisitions appear acceptable to make appearance. I would include Grimshaw and Bigirimana as after ONE year rarely make appearance and/or regulars … IMO both better than Rose and McHugh. He has wasted salaries on players to build a squad when its the first team that requires addressing. His first team choice in need of changes and reluctant to drop 'out of form’ regulars.

Forget last year as 2018/19 as his current team selection, player acquisition (Sammon/Donnelly) and tactics (long ball missing midfield) abysmal …. it’s NOT working and suspect players may agree.

Irrespective of how attractive our long ball game is, it simply isn't working. Some adjustment of our tactics and formation is now overdue.

No one outside the dressing room knows for sure but we're certainly on a run of losing where that would be a danger. Beyond that, it is obvious that while you can perhaps keep a big squad happy with some rotation while winning, this is very different when you're dropped and the team loses anyway.

That said, I have never had the impression the players have jacked it in under Robinson, even when we have been appalling. The point against Dundee at Christmas, when we ended with 10 players including three who were blatantly unfit to be on the park, was one of the best I have ever seen in terms of a side just refusing to give in when they could easily have chucked it - and that was after what, eight games without a win? Similarly against Livi when playing crap and down to 10 men, we could thrown in the towel but fought out a draw which may or may not prove to be a turning point.

I really don't think attitude is the problem, it's that we have (at best) an extremely average pool of talent and the decisions we're currently making don't come close to maximising that.

Agree on the point of poor decision making ... seems to be happening on the pitch more often than normal, and, as for the decisions by Robbo; is he perhaps getting sucked into the industry thing where Management end up fire-fighting, rendering them unable to look at the wider situation from above?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)