+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minter

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Why should we sit back and do nothing. That means that Steven McLean has won. In the past there was a controversy concerning a Scottish football referee called MacCluskey and from memory one of the Old Firm clubs stated that they never wanted MacCluskey to ever referee any of their matches again.
    The OF are maybe not the best example,every referee is against them or so they claim ,I was raging on Saturday at the pen but not for long there's no point the SFA never come out and criticise their own ,hand out a 2 game ban which looks like they have taken some action but they still have the three points in the bag no loss to Killie.

Kilmarnocks next 2 games are against St mirren and Hamilton. Not only have we lost a point for Jones ' s cheating but the sfa decisions have weakened Kilmarnock against our closest rivals. Totally unfair in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Kenny Ross is an embarrassment to all Dundee fans for doing this.

DSA represents only a percentage of all Dundee fans and a small percentage of the DSA members - he doesn't say how many unsurprisingly but 'several' suggests not a huge number - of his (and he treats it as his) association 'contact him' and he feels that's enough to tar us all with the tag of greetin' pussed b'stards / bad losers which is exactly what we'll be called over this ridiculous letter.

He should have left this to the club to debate - but then maybe his big pal John was one of the people that 'contacted him'.

For the record Kenny Ross does not speak for me and I am happy to accept that what has happened has happened and am happy to let it be dealt with by the authorities via due process. Even if that due process might well be a bit flawed. I'd imagine many of us feel the same.
    Have to say I agree with all this, the cheat will get his two game ban, ref probably down to championship level,

We’ve benefited from bad refs in the past like all clubs have, and we lost out due to them, it’s part of football always has been

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    One of meh gripes a boot dfcss was when they made statements on behalf of the Dee support when they didnae represent the majority.

It seems to be the fashion these days to label everything as community, gay community, gypsy community, Muslim community, Christian community, feminist community, bald men under 5 foot 6 community.....you get my drift.

Maybe he shud just sign the letter the DSA community.....seems to work in other areas as the golfing community can confirm��
    Which is why when you're in any such position you don't talk to the press at all. I used to get phone calls from them all the time but never once spoke to them. I remember at basic training in the RAF being told that if the press ask you something you're immediately labelled a 'spokesman for the RAF' and whatever you say is quoted as the whole RAF's feeling.

Only a very naïve individual would do what Kenny's done (unless he's been asked to by someone at the club of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Which is why when you're in any such position you don't talk to the press at all. I used to get phone calls from them all the time but never once spoke to them. I remember at basic training in the RAF being told that if the press ask you something you're immediately labelled a 'spokesman for the RAF' and whatever you say is quoted as the whole RAF's feeling.

Only a very naïve individual would do what Kenny's done (unless he's been asked to by someone at the club of course).
    No any harm done although refs are a funny breed and I've been told by a couple of fairly senior officials in the past that they always remember if clubs/managers/fans give them a hard time and stick together.

Mind IVANO had a running feud with the fat ref and ended with him accusing him of fancying him. All rather bizzare.

I remember the no striker manager having a rant about ibrox refs after the dabs got ****ed over at ibrox, if I mind correctly the dabs got few favours in the next few games.

Until there is serious consequences for diving for the player it will continue for evermore.

An 8/10 game ban and large fine for the player would cut it out overnight but the authorities are that spineless it will never happen.

Cheats are revered in our game, hegarty, John McDonald, Davie Cooper endless list but em struggling to name a Dee cheat....we must either be whiter than white or selective memory.

Beto Caranza liked a wee fall over and thon Dave Rodgers claimed he was assaulted by the Airdrie mongrels but em struggling after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    The OF are maybe not the best example,every referee is against them or so they claim ,I was raging on Saturday at the pen but not for long there's no point the SFA never come out and criticise their own ,hand out a 2 game ban which looks like they have taken some action but they still have the three points in the bag no loss to Killie.
    Good point Mudskipper. why not change the punishment regime so that he can't play against us for our next 2 games regardless of who he is playing for -however long that takes. I'm sure we could rely on our fans to keep track of the offences and there would be little need for much record keeping by the SFA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)