+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kewell post-Newcastle kids

Kewell post-Newcastle kids

Not seen much talk of this, but I thought he was pretty scathing in terms of comment about "asking questions and getting no answers".

I think he caveated a bit when Curtis pressed him, mentioning some players coming back in and doing ok, but the overall impression was that we won't be seeing the likes of Dennis near first team starters any time soon ...

Kewell: "If they would have gave it their all I would have had to change it up, but they didn't give it their all"

Harry Kewell: "Tonight, I didn't see anything really. I asked a lot of questions and this is the answer they give me".

(from https://twitter.com/BBCRNS/status/1049766109245829120)

Said they had a game plan and didn't stick to it. To be fair Newcastle had 2 shots on target, including the penalty, and both went in. But I know what he means, if Notts had up the tempo I felt Newcastle were there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Said they had a game plan and didn't stick to it. To be fair Newcastle had 2 shots on target, including the penalty, and both went in. But I know what he means, if Notts had up the tempo I felt Newcastle were there for the taking.
    We had 3 or 4 good chances towards the back end of the match, a couple of them looked more difficult to miss than to score. Peeps keep telling me Hussy is a decent player, I can't see it meself, doesn't work hard enough, can't tackle, too lightweight and is wasteful with the ball, get rid in Jan for me.

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/home...der-21s-r2893/

I think it's the work ethic that's upset Harry. We had more of the ball, more shots on target, one or two nice moves, but it looked more like a training session.

Good to see HK giving Ozzy some praise, and a chance, think he will be a goodun if given the opportunity... Not like the last bloke who farmed him out on loan...

The last guy was an idiot.

Looking at that interview, I think it is plain that Kewell now sees what an immense job he has taken on. Like it or not, it would seem that Nolan completely misused the great opportunity given him by Alan Hardy in the close season.
    That money is gone for good and limits what Kewell can do to right the ship. What is most disappointing is the loss of momentum Notts had built up in the last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Looking at that interview, I think it is plain that Kewell now sees what an immense job he has taken on. Like it or not, it would seem that Nolan completely misused the great opportunity given him by Alan Hardy in the close season.
    That money is gone for good and limits what Kewell can do to right the ship. What is most disappointing is the loss of momentum Notts had built up in the last 3 games.
    I can't see why it should affect the momentum.

As a club we lost of course, but the group of players who have won the last 3 games weren't involved and I doubt it will affect things.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    There is no loss of momentum, the first team were not involved, do you imagine the performances, good or bad, of a reserve team affect the performances of the first team? And how do you KNOW the money has "gone for good", where has it gone? How do you KNOW that AH won't spend another penny? Why do you come out with such crap?
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 10-10-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    There is no loss of momentum, the first team were not involved, do you imagine the performances, good or bad, of a reserve team affect the performances of the first team? And how do you KNOW the money has "gone for good", where has it gone? How do you KNOW that AH won't spend another penny? Why do you come out with such crap?
    The question maybe has Alan Hardy got another penny to spend I think in relationship to the amount of money we spent in the close season, we may be verging on the red line is what sidders may have been alluding to.

One thing for sure is that Harry Kewell takes no prisoners it appears that no stone is being left un-turned in the Dressing Room, some of the rubbish that has accumulated in the corners will hopefully be shown the exit doors in January.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 10-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast