+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick on Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Great result, canna wait for next week now
    Greater start United. Anybody know how much support we had through

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Usual “squeaky bum time” from us at the end, but great 3pts...
    Sounds like we should’ve out of sight, but never, and they almost got a draw....something for Robbie to work on..
    If we attack and go two nil up in most games we won't lose many. Looks like to he was trying to keep things fresh with the subs and hold onto the lead. He'll have learned a lot from that.

Great 3 points, off to the right start Mr Neilson, happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Great result, canna wait for next week now
    It was a very v ital match, because if we'd lost we would have been trailing the leaders badly with an extra game played, then the pressure really on to win v ICT. Now with that 3 points in the bag we can move on to next week with confidence and momentum.

edit...why does v ital get bleeped out if you type the letters together, weird one

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Nearly 1000 according to Utd Twitter. Hopefully a lot of the stay awayers will return next week, big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    963 pretty much a third of the overall crowd, fair play on a day like this.
    Thistle are struggling but their home form has been good and the whole Neilson thing. Great 3 points today and sounded thoroughly deserved

3 great points yes, but that is a damn poor Partick side that was able to get a goal back to build a fightback on!

Listening to the BBC, its seemed to me that as soon as Barton came on for Fyvie, we lost the midfield and could have lost the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

.....Listening to the BBC, its seemed to me that as soon as Barton came on for Fyvie, we lost the midfield and could have lost the points.
    Nothing new there then!!....

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Nothing new there then!!....
    Good support through. Well done all who went through

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    3 great points yes, but that is a damn poor Partick side that was able to get a goal back to build a fightback on!

Listening to the BBC, its seemed to me that as soon as Barton came on for Fyvie, we lost the midfield and could have lost the points.
    Yeah, I agree, taking off Fyvie appeared to be the turning point and I was hanging on for that final whistle. Couldn't come quick enough.

I listened to the whole match on Sportsound, and we thoroughly deserved the win.

I've got a lot of time for Fraser Aird. Seems pretty consistent when it comes to quality crosses and corners into the box.

But, it sounded like the starting 11 all played a positive part in today's win.

Good start for RN. A big test next weekend. How good would it be to win that?

We were really impressive in the first half and could have been 2+ up by half time. I think the fans did a great job of lifting the team, kept the home fans quiet until the last 25 mins or so. I'd say Neilson chose a good starting 11 and looked like we were going to keep a clean sheet. Slightly frustrating that it went from looking set for 3 nil or so to us to closing out a nail biting 2-1 and agree that Fyvie coming off changed the game tonyhier benefit.

Cammy Bell did had a good game to be fair.

Plenty of positives overall and felt brilliant with the standing ovation for the team and good interaction between the Robbie and the fans who were cheering for him.

Buzzing for the ICT game now, hopefully the attendance and atmosphere at Tannadice will be on the up.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)