+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick on Sat

[QUOTE=Chick A Saw;39037364]3 great points yes, but that is a damn poor Partick side that was able to get a goal back to build a fightback on!

Maybe so bt bell did make 3 good saves and we hit the post.

Robbie has only had the team for a matter of days and had we been in the same position under CL we wld have no doubt ended up with a draw or worse going down 3-2.

Robbie will have seen the void left by fyvie and I am sure will address it.

Great result with plenty of positives.

How did booth play today haven’t been a fan so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeztheshed View Post
    We were really impressive in the first half and could have been 2+ up by half time. I think the fans did a great job of lifting the team, kept the home fans quiet until the last 25 mins or so. I'd say Neilson chose a good starting 11 and looked like we were going to keep a clean sheet. Slightly frustrating that it went from looking set for 3 nil or so to us to closing out a nail biting 2-1 and agree that Fyvie coming off changed the game tonyhier benefit.

Cammy Bell did had a good game to be fair.

Plenty of positives overall and felt brilliant with the standing ovation for the team and good interaction between the Robbie and the fans who were cheering for him.

Buzzing for the ICT game now, hopefully the attendance and atmosphere at Tannadice will be on the up.
    Notably 1 player didn't come to the fans after the game - Adam Barton

Quote Originally Posted by Jeztheshed View Post
    We were really impressive in the first half and could have been 2+ up by half time. I think the fans did a great job of lifting the team, kept the home fans quiet until the last 25 mins or so. I'd say Neilson chose a good starting 11 and looked like we were going to keep a clean sheet. Slightly frustrating that it went from looking set for 3 nil or so to us to closing out a nail biting 2-1 and agree that Fyvie coming off changed the game tonyhier benefit.

Cammy Bell did had a good game to be fair.

Plenty of positives overall and felt brilliant with the standing ovation for the team and good interaction between the Robbie and the fans who were cheering for him.

Buzzing for the ICT game now, hopefully the attendance and atmosphere at Tannadice will be on the up.
    Sorry meant to say thanks for telling how much support through today

The game turned when Fyvie stated to tire. Before that we completely dominated the match. I've been critical of him but McMullan was excellent during the spell when we were on top, as was Safranko. Good 3 points, PT were pish though.

Thistle were piss poor until Qitongo came on. We had controlled the game and Thistle didn’t cause us any problems at all. After Quitongo came on and we made our subs, we really struggled and it could easily have ended up a draw.
    Our fitness looks poor and Fyvie looks at least a couple of months away from being match fit - in saying that, he had a decent game and will be fantastic for us if he can play that good when looking half fit.
    Loads of things that were wrong with the way Csaba sent out our teams have already been addressed and the players played with more confidence, freedom and heart than they have done for a long time.
    Early days yet but on the immediate improvements Robbie’s already made, we have a good chance of going up this year.

Sanfrako was my man of the match today, an excellent target man and lead the line brilliantly. McMullan was close behind for motm and Stanton was excellent too.

Utd played really well today for around 65 mins, good tempo, movement, pressing, passing, efforts on goal. A lot of players such as safranko and booth looked dead on their feet at the end, and we were hanging on for grim life, Safranko, mcmullan, aird, Stanton, and fyvie were all very good, king a bit anon tbh.

Subs had to be made, but the quality of the players coming off the bench weakened the side today.

Full backs were ok/decent for 70 mins, Bouhenna looked assured until there sub came on, and then struggled. Jury still out on the keeper, one decent catch from a corner near the end.

Safranko was Laslo's best going away gift. McMullan was very good, playing the same position he started last season before we signed MacDonald, the moment he went out on the wing he started giving ball away.

If Neilson can get that effort and level of performance every week then we should move in right direction and fans will get behind team, whether that squad as it stands is good enough to go up is different question.

Fair summing up JustAway, our subs weakened the team.

Good 3pts. In a way though I'm glad we never romped it as it might have papered over the cracks of the weaknesses in the team. Neilson will be able to make up his mind about who's worth keeping and who's for punting.
    Thought we bossed it until the subbies.
    Onto next week. The hammer throwers will be a tough test.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Fair summing up JustAway, our subs weakened the team.
    I’m sure Robbie is astute enough to have identified our main weaknesses already, and will focus on addressing them.
    It was great to see (looking at the match stats) that we went on the offensive from the off, and not the usual tippy tappy pish scross the back that Shabba has us doing!
    Great result, onwards and upwards hopefully, taking things a game at a time.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)