+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick on Sat

Partick on Sat

Now I'm not expecting a miracle turnaround and the bigger picture is more important, however looking at it from a 1st place standpoint with no other games this weekend, obviously a win closes the gap, always better to have the pts than games in hand

The other thing is the game in hand for everyone else comes midweek later this month between two weekend cards, means when we face qots at home theyll have had a game midweek

Lastly the weekend after this upcoming one we are at home to ICT while Ross County v Ayr

Basically if we can somehow pull off two wins (big ask as ICT haven't lost yet) then things will look much much better, the gap would be depending on their result against each other either 5 behind Ayr level with RC/3 behind RC 2 behind Ayr/3 behind Ayr 1 behind RC

Good summary analysis, Shedka.

My view is, with regard to games: win, focus on the next game.

The details of how that focus is achieved is for Neilson and the players. I think we have a squad capable of doing well, with weaknesses, and a manager who knows the division, has passion and will command respect.

We won't be top at the end of the first quarter, but if we go one game at a time we might just manage to be top come May.

No doubt at all that we can get back in the mix as all the teams can take points off each other and there has been some crazy results already.
    Just want us to become a strong unit, no silly goals against, build some team spirit and we'll have a fair chance.

There is no doubt any team in this league can beat each other. I believe that shows how average the teams in this league are, which unfortunately includes us. This though is the reason we can still have a decent season if we have a very good manager in place. Hopefully Neilson is that very good manager.

Reckon it will be in danger of going ahead with the rain just now and the forecast, think that would suit Thistle more than us

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Reckon it will be in danger of going ahead with the rain just now and the forecast, think that would suit Thistle more than us
    Better not be cancelled! I'm on a wee family break in Glesga and I've just convinced the wife to let me and my son's go while she looks after our 2 year old!

Aye, heavy rain forecast right through the day though. The silver lining would obviously be more time for Robbie to make his mark on the squad with whatever training and tactics he is implementing. Still feel that the jags are struggling just now without a manger and this would be a perfect time for us to take all 3 points with our players eager to shine for the new manager.

Be gutted if doesn’t go ahead.

Hope the Glasgow rain holds off a bit and we can get the 3 points!!

Anyone got a weather update in the west?

mate stays in Maryhill - torrential rain all night and forecast all day

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)