+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Community Project for Goat and Big Chien.

A Community Project for Goat and Big Chien.

Another Press Release is out today (on the Official Site) under the "Project Sun Shines Arta Goat's Arse" series.

It is still milking credit for that letter Goat sent to the fan saying my door is always open but moves on further by Goat claiming, "Anything we can do to help our community we do it". Here is a major community project for the new owners that really would get global attention--

The Chien Lee Air Ambulance

To primarily serve this region but used elsewhere as needed the project would involve- -
    1 Construction of an Air Ambulance Base on Oakwell land with heliport
    2 Purchase and maintenance of a purpose built Air Ambulance
    3 Training and salary costs of staff for a minimum of ten years

The Consortium has £8,000 million at their disposal so resourcing this should not present a problem but would be a major investment in our community.

It is a serious suggestion, not just a dig at Goat.

We could have a Helipad in the NE corner. That could act as a brief wind break or better still switch the blades on the other way and blow the cold air away

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Another Press Release is out today (on the Official Site) under the "Project Sun Shines Arta Goat's Arse" series.

It is still milking credit for that letter Goat sent to the fan saying my door is always open but moves on further by Goat claiming, "Anything we can do to help our community we do it". Here is a major community project for the new owners that really would get global attention--

To primarily serve this region but used elsewhere as needed the project would involve- -

The Consortium has £8,000 million at their disposal so resourcing this should not present a problem but would be a major investment in our community.

Perhaps ST's should rise by £200 next season to help towards the annual fuel bill .

You did say Community Project after all .

We cud ev arr own Tracey Island bilt rarnd back ov Eaststand ? Thundacheins arr go FAB

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Perhaps ST's should rise by £200 next season to help towards the annual fuel bill .

The new owners did say in the Takeover Press Release that they would like to be involved with the town community as well as the club. They wouldn't even think about tekkin money from the fan's pockets with the wealth they ev at their disposal. They talk the talk, now is the time to walk the walk.

The new owners did say in the Takeover Press Release that they would like to be involved with the town community as well as the club. They wouldn't even think about tekkin money from the fan's pockets with the wealth they ev at their disposal. They talk the talk, now is the time to walk the walk.
    It's all relative SB , what you are proposing the owners to spend is quite a substantial sum but it won't leave them penniless .

Neither would an increase of £200 on your ST leave you destitute although it's something you would feel .

Just imagine the pride we'd all get knowing the air ambulance was created by the WHOLE reds family .

We could buy a reyt striker for the £20m that would cost

SB I have just been through the press conference & press releases by the new owners
    They seem to me to have never promised to spend any other than within the club's means Conway repeatedly said "we won't do anything crazy"
    "They wouldn't even think about tekkin money from the fan's pockets with the wealth they ev at their disposal " Can't find any such comments but this may be yourself spinning
    Given that the new owners have only said they intend to grow the club year on year & within the club's means why do you expect them to spend their "own" money when they have repeatedly indicated they are not going to
    Our previous twelve years haven't exactly been a barrel of fun have they with our best position in the Championship I think was 17th
    & can you name one improvement to the stadium or your match day experience during that time since the Dennis era
    In the end Patrick didn't spend any of his own money did he He was repaid his loans & returned a decent profit on his "investment"
    I don't think so as we as fans have been spoon fed on mediocrity [& that's being kind]
    I don't know what the future holds for the club but we simply couldn't go on as we were now could we?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 10-10-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    We cud ev arr own Tracey Island bilt rarnd back ov Eaststand ? Thundacheins arr go FAB
    A think there's some merit in thi plan Roma, only flaw a can see is that hawthorn bushes at end ot east stand car park arent bendy enough to lay flat so that Thundachein 2 can launch darn Ponte Road.

Other than that a think tha may be onto summat.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I've often thought that if my numbers came up I'd want to do some good with some of it.

Fact is we don't know hardly anything about our new owners or whether they use some of their money to do other people good. For all we know there could be a chein community hospital in every poor village in China.
    We just don't know do we.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast