+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Community Project for Goat and Big Chien.

These people may be worth a lot of money with assets and share values but it’s doubtful they have millions and millions laying around in bank accounts . That usually comes when you sell a business or are a dodgy Russian

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    A think there's some merit in thi plan Roma, only flaw a can see is that hawthorn bushes at end ot east stand car park arent bendy enough to lay flat so that Thundachein 2 can launch darn Ponte Road.

Other than that a think tha may be onto summat.
    Av earrd that Troys gorra gud choppa cut them bleedin trees darn !!!! FAB

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's all relative SB , what you are proposing the owners to spend is quite a substantial sum but it won't leave them penniless .

Neither would an increase of £200 on your ST leave you destitute although it's something you would feel .

Just imagine the pride we'd all get knowing the air ambulance was created by the WHOLE reds family .
    The joy is in giving Animal. I would welcome requests for voluntary contributions at games and support fund raising initiatives for The Chien Lee Air Ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    SB I have just been through the press conference & press releases by the new owners
    They seem to me to have never promised to spend any other than within the club's means Conway repeatedly said "we won't do anything crazy"
    "They wouldn't even think about tekkin money from the fan's pockets with the wealth they ev at their disposal " Can't find any such comments but this may be yourself spinning
    Given that the new owners have only said they intend to grow the club year on year & within the club's means why do you expect them to spend their "own" money when they have repeatedly indicated they are not going to
    Our previous twelve years haven't exactly been a barrel of fun have they with our best position in the Championship I think was 17th
    & can you name one improvement to the stadium or your match day experience during that time since the Dennis era
    In the end Patrick didn't spend any of his own money did he He was repaid his loans & returned a decent profit on his "investment"
    I don't think so as we as fans have been spoon fed on mediocrity [& that's being kind]
    I don't know what the future holds for the club but we simply couldn't go on as we were now could we?
    Did tha conveniently not be able to find the spin abart "the community" Ziles ? They didn't put any restriction on community involvement. The "not spending owt crazy" was in relation to the football club and they have kept their promise on that front.

Congratulations on turning a well meaning suggestion into another anti-Cryne rant.

Seriously i wouldn't mind paying an extra 10/20 £ on my season ticket , if 8 K did the same it would be a good gesture from us all ,
    on another note , I still believe the billions our country sends abroud for aid should be reduced , that money could then go towards Air Ambulances / Hospices etc that rely purely on donations

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Did tha conveniently not be able to find the spin abart "the community" Ziles ? They didn't put any restriction on community involvement. The "not spending owt crazy" was in relation to the football club and they have kept their promise on that front.

Congratulations on turning a well meaning suggestion into another anti-Cryne rant.
    Accuse me of turning your "well meaning" suggestion if you must but please do me the honour of not suggesting I "conveniently" couldn't find the comments on the community as "conveniently" suggests a degree of dishonesty on my part

Now do you have any thoughts on my assertion that next to nowt has been spent on the stadium in the past decade/

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    We could buy a reyt striker for the £20m that would cost
    FFP Rules would prevent that ESR but Community Projects on a grand scale in and ararnd Tarn and the club and the world is their lobster. They could gain global kudos, the Carnegies of this generation.

FFP rules do no such thing

Accuse me of turning your "well meaning" suggestion if you must but please do me the honour of not suggesting I "conveniently" couldn't find the comments on the community as "conveniently" suggests a degree of dishonesty on my part

Now do you have any thoughts on my assertion that next to nowt has been spent on the stadium in the past decade/
    Did you find any reference to community involvement or not in the Press Releases at the time of the takeover ? It's just a politician's diversion strategy to veer off into questions about your integrity.

Patrick had enough on trying to finance the increasingly unequal struggle to stay in the Championship than spend money developing the stadium. £8000 million and a property development background provides more scope to do that and to get involved in major Community Projects, which is what this thread is about.

FFP rules do no such thing
    I've got that wrong then. I was under the impression that FFP Rules were brought in to prevent wealthy owners spending money beyond the broad revenues of the club.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast