+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Warney out - how to win an away point in the Championship?

Help Warney out - how to win an away point in the Championship?

Anyone got any ideas as it's getting a bit ridiculous now.

Get a psychologist in?

Try 4-4-2?

Prayers?
    Last edited by great_fire; 10-10-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Psychology may not be a bad idea he's got em believing we can do it at home but not away yet. Think if we can just sneak a point fairly soon we might get on a reasonable roll. Belief is a big thing in any kind of sport.

Knowing our luck though he'd bring a psychologist in and then we'd start losing at home as well!

Still I'm not quite convinced by Warne's argument that if we carry on playing the same way the point(s) will eventually come.

Middlesbrough away next, easy away win.Throw the old kitchen sink at them.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Knowing our luck though he'd bring a psychologist in and then we'd start losing at home as well!

Still I'm not quite convinced by Warne's argument that if we carry on playing the same way the point(s) will eventually come.
    So will Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    So will Tomorrow.
    Tomorrow never comes.

Warne has mentioned himself multiple times the famous quote: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" and used it for justification for having to make changes in the past. Well Warney, this needs to be applied to our away form at the moment, as our current set-up is getting us absolutely no points. I was trying to tell myself performances are getting better and we are getting closer to an away result.

However, the Birmingham result convinced me something must change if we are to get some away points. Not just small changes, but let's make BIG CHANGES. Otherwise we will not be able to accumulate enough points at home to beat the drop! Lets go 4-4-2 to start with, and go into games trying to ATTACK opponents. Doubt this will happen as the Brentford result scared Warney off this approach, but I do think this was a one off given it was the first game of the season in a new league against a great opponent.

3-1-4-2 is the way to go and has been since the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    3-1-4-2 is the way to go and has been since the first game.
    injury list not helping

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    injury list not helping
    True, but hopefully after the break we should be ok

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast