+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the pieces of the jigsaw

All the pieces of the jigsaw

I do feel it is all coming together.

I thought Neilson was absolutely brilliant in his interviews.

There is a manager you could listen to, respect and want to play well for.

I think MM can be a good chairman too despite his mistake in hanging on to csaba too long. Noticeable Neilson said about positive conversations.

Neilson wants Crawford as his assistant. Be great if we could do that as think we should give Neilson everything he wants at his disposal.

Feeling positive for the future.

Come on United!!

Liked in the interviews that Robbie comes across as confident but humble. Not a bigshot trumpet like certain managers.
    He has proven record to meet the targets we're after so the club should refrain from buzz words and gimmicks and quietly let him get on with building a football team.

Proof will be in winning games. No more no less.

Proof is in the games no doubt.

When someone is speaking a lot of sense though like that it does feel like a refreshing change!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

When someone is speaking a lot of sense though like that it does feel like a refreshing change!
    More to it than winning games. Aye thats the goal - Battle, positioning, 2nd balls, passion and direct thinking. Need to combine that with the technical aspects of passing, off ball, marking, awareness and tackling (as well as saving and shooting like).

He isnt a miracle worker and if he shows his values and we loose a few then we know what the issue is.

I am giving him plenty time. We wont win league (just my guess) but if we get to play offs i think momentum will have taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

I agree with your sentiment LSArab, it's certainly preferable to listen to someone, on the face of it, talking sense about our team. Like when most managers come in though their words are usually received in a positive light. Even Csaba's were at first. That's more than likely to do with the fact that we are all filled with hope when a new manager shows up. Usually because the previous one has been, or has become, a dud.

I'm long since putting any stock in what I hear our manager(s) saying though. It's what my eyes see on a Saturday that will either raise my optimism or cement my pessimism about our team.

I hope to **** that we've picked a decent manager this time though. Mon Robbie!!!

Lets get behind the team and manager
    Lets bring the doubters and the criticisers back through the turnstiles and give the players and staff a rapturous reception on the 20th v Inverness
    Bring some atmosphere back into Tannadice but the sad thing is that it doesnt matter what the board or players achieve business wise or playing wise the moaners will still be waiting in the wings to turn the screw
    All your factions of clubs n trusts will still be trying to get one over each other
    TIME FOR EVERY TRUE UNITED SUPPORTER TO STAND UP BE VOCAL AND BE COUNTED FOR AND GET BEHIND THE CLUB

P2BAA FTD UNITED TILL I DIE

Let's give the players and staff a rapturous reception on Saturday, at Firhill.

Mon yersel scooby!

I have a very good feeling about this.

Much more positive than when McNamara and McKinnon were appointed. It's hard to say exactly why but I just think it might be our time now.

I think the players will relate to Robbie and I think they'll play for him. Also having had the setback of Milton Keynes he'll have learned a lot from that and it'll have made him a better manager.

As others have said it might take a little time but I think and I hope we're now ready to give this manager the time he needs.

(as a ps completely unrelated I seem to recall Robbie being sent off over on the GF side when we were level with Celtic at Tannadice. Is that my failing memory!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)