+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T NFL London

O/T NFL London

It was nice of the PL/FL to take a break this week (except for the lowly teams like Barnsley of course ) to showcase the NFL coming to London.

Anyone on here have any interest in Seattle Seahawks v Oakland Raiders on Sunday? I believe the game was originally supposed to be played at the new White Hart Lane but had to be moved to Wembley. Not sure how many Raiders fans heading over from CTMilller's part of the US but I hear 5,000 Seahawks have made the trip from here in Seattle along with all our local TV pundits enjoying a freebie over to 'Good Ol' England' (so much so they have arrived over there 2 days before the team)

I know there used to be one or two on here who followed NFL, anyone left on MM?

I’m a big fan of NFL Cam. Watched every televised live game this season including the pre-season games. That’s about 6 games a week, 10 if you count the college games on Saturday nights.

Don’t support either Seahawks or Raiders but hoping for a Seahawks victory because the Raiders are in the same division as my team the Denver Broncos.

Just spoke with my daughter over there, she's a big Seahawks fan and excited to see it's on BBC2 as she can't get down to Wembley. I was in the UK when Seattle played Denver in the season opener so probably missed a chance to watch it? Didn't miss much though as I understand the Seahawks were 'pants'. Much improved now despite a couple of big season ending injuries (par for the course in NFL) and they should beat the Raiders - but it's a funny old game! (where have I heard that before?)

Impressive the numbers making the 10,000 mile round trip, although much easier when you make a week/vacation out of it.

The Seattle/Denver match wasn’t live here, so I had to make do with highlights on Twitter.

From what I read and the bit I saw Seattle were very unlucky and missed a crucial field goal.

There’s talk of the UK getting a franchise someday but I don’t know where the support would come from. Everyone here who follows the sport already support a team and no one I’ve spoken too have said they’ll change allegiances.

Fond of it in Barnsley apparently:

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/ame...thread.271711/

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was nice of the PL/FL to take a break this week (except for the lowly teams like Barnsley of course ) to showcase the NFL coming to London.

Anyone on here have any interest in Seattle Seahawks v Oakland Raiders on Sunday? I believe the game was originally supposed to be played at the new White Hart Lane but had to be moved to Wembley. Not sure how many Raiders fans heading over from CTMilller's part of the US but I hear 5,000 Seahawks have made the trip from here in Seattle along with all our local TV pundits enjoying a freebie over to 'Good Ol' England' (so much so they have arrived over there 2 days before the team)

I know there used to be one or two on here who followed NFL, anyone left on MM?
    I’m not seeing tumbleweed rolling down Telegraph, CAM...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Must be something in the water there. We used to have Barnsley_Miller on here who was an NFL follower but haven't seen him around for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I’m not seeing tumbleweed rolling down Telegraph, CAM...
    People afraid to leave Oakland because they know everything will be gone when they get back, including the team as it's on it's way to Vegas

I heard thath the FA are voting soon on whether or not to sell the stadium.

If it goes to the guy at Fulham will he move Fulham to there and make his money back on Craven Cottage?

I'll probably watch this one or a part of it as it's on longer than the FA Cup final used to be!

Plenty of time to make a brew in between the 27 referees throwing their flags ont floor.

I'm a fan of NFL (even bigger fan of Major League Baseball) and went to Wembley a couple of years ago when the Redskins came over. It was a great experience and will do it again one day. Went to the pre-season Jets-Giants game in New York in August. Another great experience but would love to go over for a competitive game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast