+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teams worse than us?

Teams worse than us?

Ok, so...the general consensus is that Cardiff are going straight back down and that Huddersfield's time in the sun may be running out. Other than those two pretty strong candidates (even at this early stage) can anyone see another team poor enough to take our place in the bottom 3...where, after almost a quarter of the season , we deservedly sit?

I think Fulham may well pull themselves together and be ok although it will be a close run thing. I wonder if Brighton will become a Huddersfield rather than a Bournemouth and I think they'll be in the mix. Southampton are a nothing team who may well hang around the lower reaches for most, if not all, the season. Palace's season depends on Zaha as their record without him is shocking and relying on one player like that is inviting disaster.

Other than those teams, I think everyone else will be different shades of fine. West Ham have got their shit together now, i think and Burnley are beginning to recover their form after the Europa league threw them off their stride.

Realistcally, we have to be the least shite out of, say, 6 teams. At the minute we're not but we definitely have the capability to get out of the mess we're in albeit we're not exactly shooting for the stars by aiming to be not quite as bad as 3 other teams.

What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ok, so...the general consensus is that Cardiff are going straight back down and that Huddersfield's time in the sun may be running out. Other than those two pretty strong candidates (even at this early stage) can anyone see another team poor enough to take our place in the bottom 3...where, after almost a quarter of the season , we deservedly sit?

I think Fulham may well pull themselves together and be ok although it will be a close run thing. I wonder if Brighton will become a Huddersfield rather than a Bournemouth and I think they'll be in the mix. Southampton are a nothing team who may well hang around the lower reaches for most, if not all, the season. Palace's season depends on Zaha as their record without him is shocking and relying on one player like that is inviting disaster.

Other than those teams, I think everyone else will be different shades of fine. West Ham have got their shit together now, i think and Burnley are beginning to recover their form after the Europa league threw them off their stride.

Realistcally, we have to be the least shite out of, say, 6 teams. At the minute we're not but we definitely have the capability to get out of the mess we're in albeit we're not exactly shooting for the stars by aiming to be not quite as bad as 3 other teams.

What a time to be alive.
    I think we are in it with Southampton, Cardiff and Huddersfield

Brighton will have their ups and downs and your thoughts on palace are spot on

Unfortunately, and only due to lack of investment over several windows there are not enough teams worse than us at this time.

To use the excuse "but Rafa got us top half last season with these players" does not hold water.

You only need to look at the investment the owners of the promoted clubs and those below us have made and compare it to the investment, or rather lack of investment our owner makes to prove the point and show the reason that we are where we are at this present time. You can't blame the manager for this situation any more than you can blame the ball boys.

I would say it is between us, Southampton, Fulham and Brighton for one place.... if anybody finishes below Cardiff or huddersfield, then they deserve to go.

Good question. I think we're the worst team alongside Cardiff in the striker department. This may well prove to be our death. Other than that I agree we're not worse than 6-7 other teams in this league. Our season begins on the 20th and the next few matches will be decisive I think.

People on here think our season begins on the Oct 20 , have they been in a coma it started the second week in August same as everyone else .

Cardiff Huddersfield and Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by Byker Mag View Post
    People on here think our season begins on the Oct 20 , have they been in a coma it started the second week in August same as everyone else .

Of course it did. And yet it - evidently - didn't. So now we begin!

I'm dreading the 20th we do anything less than win our confidence will be at an all time low.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    I'm dreading the 20th we do anything less than win our confidence will be at an all time low.
    Yup-anything other than a win would be a massive blow both in terms of our league position and our morale (both team and supporters)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)