+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Croatia Vs England

Croatia Vs England

This game is being played behind closed doors so can anybody on here tell me why 500 England fans are going.

Because some are disciples and have been going to every match for years and want to keep their record.
    Crazy.
    I would imagine they will try and blag their way in or see if there are any tall buildings nearby

Apart from the last World Cup I’ll bet I haven’t watched England above 5hrs in the last 4yr.

Gardeners World for me-come on you Monty!

Is it me being unpatriotic? I don’t know how others feel but I haven’t the remotest interest in this Nations League thing. I recognise that for our players it’s great to be selected for your country, but personally I just can’t motivate myself to watch it.

Kari Arnason just scored.

I don't fully understand how the nations league works. There are promotions, relegations and opportunities to qualify for something or other in a roundabout way. How, I don't know. It's simpler if we just view the games as friendlies, and as always, try to win them all.
    Croatia took a severe hammering from Spain in their last game so will want to bounce back against us, while we should be looking for some form of revenge for the semi final defeat. So for me this game is intriguing.

Vespabri and I had tickets for the Croatia v Czech republic game at St Etienne during Euro 16.

We had a good laugh with their fans and were smack bang in the middle of them behind the goal. In the second half we sensed something wasn't right when the riot police surrounded the fans even on the pitch.

The Croats had four or five huge guys spotted about, standing on the walls in front of their fans on both levels of the stadium. they were starting the singing and not one of them saw any of the football.

All of a sudden they started shuffling down towards where we were stood and then the fire works started.

One firework was thrown on to the pitch. That day was the first time I saw a steward fly as it exploded in his hand as he tried to pick it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9fGeTA4yIU

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Kari Arnason just scored.
    Well done, Kari!
    Finished France 2 Iceland 2 in last night's friendly. Will we see some more Millers and ex-Millers on the international scoresheet tonight/tomorrow?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 12-10-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I don't fully understand how the nations league works. There are promotions, relegations and opportunities to qualify for something or other in a roundabout way. How, I don't know. It's simpler if we just view the games as friendlies, and as always, try to win them all. Croatia took a severe hammering from Spain in their last game so will want to bounce back against us, while we should be looking for some form of revenge for the semi final defeat. So for me this game is intriguing.
    Exactly Hazza, I think most of us fans are still in the dark etc, about how this competition/format works out.
    But if it does work out well in the long run and gets rid of the so called pointless Intl friendlies, then thats got to be a good thing hasnt it.
    As for this so called ghost game, where we/England are playing behind the so called 'closed doors', I don't understand why fans are going there to watch it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast