+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neilson to be backed in January

Neilson to be backed in January

MM stating that funds will be available in jan for neilson bt no whole sale changes will be made.

Good to know the manager is getting backed and I agree with MM that there is no need for massive overhaul, bt hopefully there will be scope to move a couple of players on and bring in a couple of players that can enhance current squad.

Chzambles was well backed in the summer and has left us with a load of duds on 2 year contracts/
    It's going to be tough to shift them

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    Chzambles was well backed in the summer and has left us with a load of duds on 2 year contracts/
    It's going to be tough to shift them
    I think you'll find that our new manager will get most of them playing like messi 😆
    Maybe not exactly but I think you'll mostly see very different players now the weight is off their shoulders

Agree, bt hopefully he will either bring in a decent natural RB, or get the best out the young lad from the Celtic.

We need fullbacks, that has to be a priority in January.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    We need fullbacks, that has to be a priority in January.
    We have fullbacks, they're just not very good. He won't be able to have five or six fullbacks on the books at once, so unless he can get rid of some we won't be adding any more I wouldn't think.

By "backed" I presume he means an increased wage budget. As much as I want us to improve we're surely not in a position to be throwing transfer fees around. That would be silly.

I'm sure we'll see marked improvement in all our players under the new 1st team coach so let's not go looking for squad additions yet.
    Let's see how they respond under our new leader.
    The players have had a weight lifted off their shoulders.
    The current squad might just be strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I'm sure we'll see marked improvement in all our players under the new 1st team coach so let's not go looking for squad additions yet.
    Let's see how they respond under our new leader.
    The players have had a weight lifted off their shoulders.
    The current squad might just be strong enough.
    Pretty much what I said somewhere. I think what this means is the board are saying if you don't see the improvement required and you feel its essential to improve in one maybe two positions in order to get up then the piggy bank will get rattled

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    By "backed" I presume he means an increased wage budget. As much as I want us to improve we're surely not in a position to be throwing transfer fees around. That would be silly.
    Very much doubt that's what it meant. No way on earth we will be paying fees for the foreseeable future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)