+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadly Doug Ellis

Deadly Doug Ellis

Sad News to hear the passing of Sir Deadly Doug Ellis at the age of 94 today
    Love him or Hate him he always tried to do what he thought was right & best for his beloved Aston Villa

RIP Sir Deadly
    UTV

Blimey I didn't know. RIP Doug

RIP DD. Always put Villa first but you can only dream of what might have been had he not fell out with the Gaffer Ron Saunders !!!!!

God bless Mr Ellis. Always had villa in his heart and one of the last owners who were local businessmen taking over a club and running it for the love of the game.

Poignant that Dean Smith seems a very likely Deadly Doug appointment! RIP

Love him or loathe him, he has been a huge part of the last half century of our clubs history, and probably the last of the charismatic local business men to run a top flight club, so many faceless, nameless club owners nowadays. I will always smile at that handshake with abramavitch, and his strange enunciation of the word Premier. RIP Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    God bless Mr Ellis. Always had villa in his heart and one of the last owners who were local businessmen taking over a club and running it for the love of the game.

Poignant that Dean Smith seems a very likely Deadly Doug appointment! RIP
    Sam, when I heard, I was wondering if he'd been well enough to hear about the appointment of Smith before he departed on his travels, and was hoping he'd feel satisfied the club management was in safe hands. I feel sad for him that in the last few months of his life, his beloved club went through such turbulence. It must have hurt.

May your journey take you through the most beautiful claret and blue stars, Sir Doug.

My thoughts exactly. Doug learned that his club was in safe hands and left in peace. God bless you!

The end of an era as Doug joins the Holte Enders in the Sky.

RIP

Condolences to family and friends

It's a struggle to think of anyone who is more claret & blue than Deadly, always attending the games through thick & thin beyond the sale to Lerner and that look of delight on his face at Wembley when we won the League Cup. It's poignant indeed that he's passed away just as a Holte-ender takes the reins, he brought us back from the brink of bankruptcy in the late 60's I believe.

A gentleman of the game, one of our own - RIP Sir Doug and I hope the lads do you proud vs Swansea.

I wonder what will happen to: AV1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)