+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadly Doug now is!

Deadly Doug now is!

Gone at 94.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Gone at 94.
    Said on the news he died in his sleep ,
    I didn't know Villa were playing last nite ,

:-) Classic Jonny!

Just when you think the baggies couldn't be more scummy...

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Just when you think the baggies couldn't be more scummy...
    He'd also been Chairman of Blues and Wolves, but only named a Stand after himself at Villa. That's a true Villa fan!

R.I.P Doug.
    Doug was also a regular at the Albion, often saw his Rolls Royce with the D E reg plate on our main car park. Think he was a mate of JP

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    R.I.P Doug.
    Doug was also a regular at the Albion, often saw his Rolls Royce with the D E reg plate on our main car park. Think he was a mate of JP

JP had a mate!?

Well fk me sideways!

His death sparked some random memories that I'd like to share and hope will be interesting.

I met DE around 20 times in the mid 90's and dealt with his man Mark Ansell also.

He and my boss at the time were besties.

He was always polite to me but not friendly.

I remember a meeting where he made a short speech, a promoter guy we worked with (himself a multi millionaire) stood and said "Doug...", DE stood, waved him down and said "it's Mr Ellis to you".

My girlfriend at the time worked hospitality at the same place and thought he was lovely and he tipped generously.

He did have that Rolls and my boss a Bentley, their 2 drivers were good friends.

In the 18 months I had dealings with them. I learned a lot. Mostly about deception, council and business corruption, gaining investment under false pretences, corporate bullying (from Banks to Government), manipulation and the Victorian like class system in which the elite view the world.

My boss had a box at the Albion and he wasn't JP. He died some years ago but I'm still a friend of the family so won't give details.
    Last edited by iBOB; 13-10-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Hi iBob, I presume you meant as practiced by all the other people and not DE?

Hi Romyit,

DE was not the only (or main) party. He was in group and private meetings where decisions were made and conversations took place, with which I was uncomfortable enough morally and legally to resign without notice.

I would talk about it in private mail if you are interested, on promise of never repeating publicly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)