+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mandy Turner

[QUOTE=KerrAvon;39038801]My I've rattled your cage haven't I? One thing is for sure, if I were a narcissist, I would love this site given the number of posts and threads that seem to end up being about me.

Have a closer look

narcissism
    Psychology
    extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

Seems about right to me
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 16-10-2018 at 01:40 PM.

[QUOTE=Exiletyke;39038878]
    Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    My I've rattled your cage haven't I? One thing is for sure, if I were a narcissist, I would love this site given the number of posts and threads that seem to end up being about me.

Have a closer look

narcissism
    Psychology
    extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.
    Phew! So I'm not a narcissist then. Do you seriously think I crave admiration? If I did, surely I'd join the gang, bully gf, demonise Thatcher and say that I thought Corbyn was the second coming?

You missed the part of my thread about other posters making claims about me that they can't substantiate. Care to have a go at providing some evidence of me taking the Mickey out of animal's former job. Or have you sobered up now and realised you were talking about someone else?

Bully GF? Do you not think that if he makes outrageous statements on here that offend/ outrage/shock a lot of people that they should not have a right to react to that provocation. The fact that a lot of people have a go at him is because a lot of people are disgusted about the things he says. Are you saying we just need to take what he says on the chin and say nowt?

And much as I agree with your post about "victim blaming" surely you ganging up with other posters on here to condemn that comment also turns you into a bully as well.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 16-10-2018 at 02:08 PM.

No. I'm saying that you need to engage him in debate if you feel strongly enough about whay he is saying to challenge him, whilst ensuring that and not simply doing so 'because he is gf'.

I'd happily let this lie (because I am probably more fed up of it than you) , but the climate change is thread is a good way of illustrating the point. You and others harangued him because he is a denier (I didn't feel strongly enough to), when your position is arguably worse - someone who accepts the science, but chooses not to act. From my viewpoint, it became more about having a rumble with him than anything to do with climate change.

I think my post in response to gf's was, on the face of, no more an act of bullying than yours where you defined terrorism (what with my stalker defining 'narcissist it felt like an online game of 'call my bluff'). Experience dictates that may not remain the case if this thread goes on much longer.

A man who was having a heart attack and may have died anyway.. I've encountered 'victim blaming' before, but this takes it to a new level.

I think it rarely helpful to label a crime in one way or another and, in consequence, whether the killing to which you refer was a terrorist offence is largely irrelevant to my mind. What I do find disgraceful is your attempt to minimise the crime and focus on the politics.
    I'm not victim blaming just saying that this incident and the terror attacks in London and Manchester were in no way equivalent.

Also since then there have been several incidents where Muslim men have run people over and they weren't called terrorist attacks.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-10-2018 at 02:26 PM.

I think my post in response to gf's was, on the face of, no more an act of bullying than yours where you defined terrorism (what with my stalker defining 'narcissist it felt like an online game of 'call my bluff'). Experience dictates that may not remain the case if this thread goes on much longer.
    Lawyer speak for "yeh, i bullied him also but i'm deflecting it off as your fault" you really do take condescension to the Nth degree

Another point is surely if he is being bullied GF would show signs he is being coerced in some way. Gfire doesn't appear to give a monkeys what anyone says on here because his view is always the same. I am pretty sure if you asked him if he was being bullied on here he would say he doesn't care what anybody else thinks of his comments.

Take your point about changing subject though or we might end up with a boot up our collective arses from Mr Frog for bringing up old arguments.

So i will put a sock in my gob now about the muslim/ terrorist thing at least and suggest we all do the same.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 16-10-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Three way rumble! This is going to be like something on a WWF show.

[QUOTE=KerrAvon;39038884]
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Phew! So I'm not a narcissist then. Do you seriously think I crave admiration? If I did, surely I'd join the gang, bully gf, demonise Thatcher and say that I thought Corbyn was the second coming?

You missed the part of my thread about other posters making claims about me that they can't substantiate. Care to have a go at providing some evidence of me taking the Mickey out of animal's former job. Or have you sobered up now and realised you were talking about someone else?

narcissism
    Psychology
    extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents
    Perhaps if I emphasised it, you may comprehend
    EXTREME SELFISHNESS,WITH A GRANDIOSE VIEW OF ONE'S OWN TALENTS
    & I have already told you it was LBC

Don't drink so that's another spurious assumption of yours
    You just don't learn do you?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast