+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Mandy Turner

O/T Mandy Turner

Earlier I came across an old three-part article in the MM archives written by Mandy. It is an amusing, detailed blow by blow account of the beginning of a bleak period in the club's history - a review of our first season at Don Valley.
    It was a very enjoyable read, bringing back memories of certain games, players I'd forgot we had, the general feeling amongst supporters at the time and little digs at certain message board users at the time.
    Something that's easy to forget now, is back in 2009, feelings towards Tony Stewart weren't very favourable. Apathy and distrust were were common feelings amongst supporters, something which was highlighted throughout the article.

Now, while I've only fairly recently started posting on here, I've been a reader for some time, going back to around 2006. I used to enjoy Mandy's posts probably more than any others. Does anyone know what became of this MM legend? Or if his true identity was ever outed?

Haven't seen him on here for a couple of years but I think there were one or two who knew his real identity.

In the end he did contribute knowledgeable and very funny posts but in his earlier guises he did have a nasty side, especially towards TFA.

I think his last post was about Paul Hurst and why he thought that he should be the next Millers manager.

A good read.

His pre-match posts were very entertaining.

He also had an habit of being a multi. Starting new threads under different username was something he did often. This is why when a new member starts posting they're often met with a 'Hello Mandy'.

Yes those match day things were good.

I imagine he's working as a journalist or writer now.

Paul Monday to Friday. Mandy on a weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Haven't seen him on here for a couple of years but I think there were one or two who knew his real identity.

In the end he did contribute knowledgeable and very funny posts but in his earlier guises he did have a nasty side, especially towards TFA.
    Yes I remember his run ins with TFA, mind you he could be a bit of a tool too when he'd had a few and posted on here.

Mandy had an excellent football knowledge, could also be very very funny. Those stories he used to do where he included players and posters off here were brilliant.

I've been looking in on here for about 12 years and posting for the last 10. He'd definitely be in my top 3 best posters on here in that time.

Could do with him coming on a bit now, just for the comedic value if nothing else.

Was he an ex pro-footballer?

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Yes I remember his run ins with TFA, mind you he could be a bit of a tool too when he'd had a few and posted on here.

Mandy had an excellent football knowledge, could also be very very funny. Those stories he used to do where he included players and posters off here were brilliant.

I've been looking in on here for about 12 years and posting for the last 10. He'd definitely be in my top 3 best posters on here in that time.

Could do with him coming on a bit now, just for the comedic value if nothing else.
    Very funny. I used to post as a steward before all the g4s bollix giving our side of the story.
    Getting a mention on his posts was like a badge of honour.
    The Andy Warrington going blind posts creased me up .

I always thought Mandy's football reports were very good but I didn't like him. I remember once a new member pointed out that Mandy was covering a topic he had already posted on. Mandy replied that he never read any posts by new members. This (and other things) suggested to me he was very very far up his own harris. I can't remember the details of his dispute with TFA but TFA was frequently nasty and aggressive on here when p*ssed although I did rather like him.

didn't he pretend he was Mark robins and this board did a question and answer session thinking it was Mark robins but it was that Mandy instead.

frog he said he was a ex pro but if it's true or not who knows.

he also got sued by the w*****s at 05 didn't he

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast