+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal Wedding

Alto ....that was funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    So a Royal goes up north to purchase some sausages that he does not believe in eating and does not even pay for “knows how normal folk like you live” ? and I thought I was off the wall 👍

No, no Alto, if you think Charlie came up to Clitheroe just to blag some sausages off of Cowmans, you really are off the wall. It doesn't work like that.

"wanted to see his sparkling choo-choo - Sinkov ? - well ok....if you prefer for us to see it that way - but I think we all know that you were there to wave the flag and get his autograph.."

Shocking personal attack Norder, but as I've pointed out before, the mere mention of the Royal Family does tend to tip people over the edge, so I shall ignore it.

The Royal Train was a disappointment, the carriages a shabby purple and looked in need of some TLC. I was curious to see if the motive power was some sparkling, state of the art, modern diesel engine, but no, it was the same class of diesel as those that are on the front of the Castle Cement tanker trains that trundle through Clitheroe two or three time a day.

Could this mean that those running our railways equate the heir to the throne to a bag of cement ? Surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "wanted to see his sparkling choo-choo - Sinkov ? - well ok....if you prefer for us to see it that way - but I think we all know that you were there to wave the flag and get his autograph.."

Shocking personal attack Norder, but as I've pointed out before, the mere mention of the Royal Family does tend to tip people over the edge, so I shall ignore it.

The Royal Train was a disappointment, the carriages a shabby purple and looked in need of some TLC. I was curious to see if the motive power was some sparkling, state of the art, modern diesel engine, but no, it was the same class of diesel as those that are on the front of the Castle Cement tanker trains that trundle through Clitheroe two or three time a day.

Could this mean that those running our railways equate the heir to the throne to a bag of cement ? Surely not.
    ....I am surprised Sinkov....it's one thing to dislike the Royal Scammers.....but if folk enjoy waving the Flag, then so be it...are then myself a tad grieved that you feel so intensely aggrieved, at the mere thought of your inclusion - but I understand, I do....because I now know that the day didn't turn out as you dreamed - the Sparkling choo-choo that promised so much - that which had transported your imagination on voyages of high adventure....was nothing but a bedraggled garden - dragged along by an old rusty wheelbarrow

but at least it will please you to know - his Royal Princeness was not to be improved upon !

The most expensive journey by Royal Train was made by the Prince of Wales, according to royal accounts.

Heir to the throne Charles travelled from Windsor to Lancashire and Yorkshire to undertake engagements in Clitheroe, Settle and Harrogate in March. The two-day trip cost £46,038, which works out at a costly £95.32 per mile.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/06/27/princ...46000-6737229/

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

But look at all those shiny, happy people Norder, thousands of them in Clitheroe, thousands of them in Settle, thousands of them in Harrogate. When you think we pay the EU £19 billion a year to do for us what we're perfectly capable of doing for ourselves, or £19 billion for feck all in other words, £46k seems like the bargain of the year to me.

But look at all those shiny, happy people Norder, thousands of them in Clitheroe, thousands of them in Settle, thousands of them in Harrogate. When you think we pay the EU £19 billion a year to do for us what we're perfectly capable of doing for ourselves, or £19 billion for feck all in other words, £46k seems like the bargain of the year to me.

....it's money for old e.u rope - sinkov....lets hope keeping it makes a difference.

...but would cost a little more if Charlie ran it full on for the other 363 days....then why not the rest of us, all 7 billion or so....all on our own trains - well that'd be something crazy like 600 hundred quintillion, a few hundred quadrillion and so many ***tillion....Quids - but that's ok - we can send the bill to his Mum !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder;39037032A

As always Norder you've provided the answer, look at your photo, if me and you could pull in the punters like Charlie and his mum do wherever they go, then we could have our own train, but sadly we can't, so we don't. No good railing against it, it's as much use as Canute ordering the tide to retreat, doesn't do the blood pressure any good either, the Royals are immensely popular, loved by millions, why would you want to deny the people their simple pleasure ? No good getting upset about it, it is what it is, c'est la vie en Angleterre,

As always Norder you've provided the answer, look at your photo, if me and you could pull in the punters like Charlie and his mum do wherever they go, then we could have our own train, but sadly we can't, so we don't. No good railing against it, it's as much use as Canute ordering the tide to retreat, doesn't do the blood pressure any good either, the Royals are immensely popular, loved by millions, why would you want to deny the people their simple pleasure ? No good getting upset about it, it is what it is, c'est la vie en Angleterre,
    Would that be the same mindless millions who sit patiently every night for their daily fix of EastEnders and Corrie sinkov? We have bred three generations of human sheep. Baaaaah!

Very close to hitting the nail on the head there BT, we're a nation obsessed by TV Soaps, and in the Windsors we have our very own real life soap opera. I'm sure that's very much part of the attraction, and when Charlie turns up in Clitheroe, well everyone can play a bit part in their favourite soap can't they, you get to interact with one of the main players and you might even see yourself on TV the very same evening.

All good, clean, harmless fun.

is hilarious - Sinkov....Yes -the punters have been brainwashed by centuries of servility - to an old Austro-German relic - but treat it like some rare antique or fuzzy fantasy fairytale...but truth is - they're just the latest in a long line of elitist gangsters - of land grabbers and wealth thieves....something the average joe on the street - would take at least a millenia to catch up on.

and...at least sing it properly folkes !

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)