+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the next two years will play out

How the next two years will play out

I think that last night’s shocker by Scotland is one step closer to McInnes leaving Aberdeen. Given we are now clearly trending downwards, McInnes has missed the boat for an attractive job in England and given there is no job in Scotland he will move to I definitely see him leaving us to be Scotland’s next manager in Summer 2020. Here’s how I see events unfolding.

Nov 18 – Scotland draw away to Albania and beat Israel to qualify for Inter Toto cup play offs. James Wilson fractures a fingernail so misses all November games due to injury. In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will now open in Winter 2018/19

Dec 18 – During the sevco Aberdeen game at Iprix, Morelos is clean through but is denied by a fantastic save by Lewis. Bobby Madden deems the save as “denying a clear goalscoring opportunity” so sends off Lewis. AFC lose red card appeal with chairman of the tribunal Iain Paisley Jr saying “justice has been done”. James Wilson gets a stone in his shoe so misses all December games injured.

Jan 19 – AFC sell McKenna to Wolves/Aston Villa/Cardiff/Sunderland – delete as appropriate – for £6.5M. Stuart Milne says “this is a fantastic move for the AFC Directors as we now have the rest of the training facilities funding in place without us having to pay a penny”. McInnes says we don’t need to replace McKenna “as we have a readymade replacement in Mark Reynolds”. McInnes/Richardson do get £250K to spend and buy Nicky Maynard from Bury to replace James Wilson, who has scored 2 goals in 20 games with McInnes saying “I am excited by this acquisition as he has the goalscoring record that I like to see in the forwards I play”

Feb 19 – In the Euro 2020 draw conducted by George Peat and Alan MacRae Scotland draw Faroe Islands, Gibralter, Kosovo, San Marino and Andorra. McLeish says “it’s a real group of death, we can only hope for the best”. In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will now open in Spring 2019.

Apr 19 – AFC are allocated 5,000 tickets for the Scottish Cup semi against sevco as SFA say that due to Aberdeen not selling out their away allocation at last Sunday’s 10am kick off at Kilmarnock, it’s only but right that the sevconians get a fair share of the tickets.

May 19 – Graham Shinnie is sent off before the start of the Scottish Cup final against celtic by Willie Collum after Scott Brown complains that his pre match handshake was too firm. In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will now open in Summer 2019.

Jun 19 - Andy Considine extends his contract for a season with Stuart Milne saying “this is great news as Andy and I share a view as to what is best for the future of Scottish football”.

Jul 19 – Mark Reynolds extends his contract with McInnes saying “this is a fantastic piece of business by AFC as he is great to have about the place”

Aug 19 – AFC announce a triple signing on transfer deadline day with Billy Dodds, Darren Dods and Davie Dodds being paraded at Pittodrie. Robert Wickes says “we are seeing the true value of DNA here as without it there is no way the club shop could have purchased the letters D, O and S needed for the replica shirts”. In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will now open in Autumn 2019.

Oct 19 – Ryan Jack blatantly kicks Shay Logan hurting himself in the process. Craig Thompson sends off Logan saying that his leg was over aggressive in not caving in to the Jack kick

Nov 19 – In a dramatic finale, Scotland lose two last minute Tierney own goals at home to Andorra and fail to qualify for Euro 2020. McLeish says “Scotland find yet another way to fail to qualify for a major tournament, but we did have an exceptionally tough group. Never mind we pick ourselves up and go forward to the InterToto play offs against Serbia as we can still make Euro 2020”. In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will now open in Winter 19/20

Dec 19 – Cosgrove scores at home to St Mirren. McInnes says “I am delighted for Sam, getting his third goal for AFC as hopefully he can kick on from here and it can inspire Nicky to score his first ever goal for AFC”

Feb 20 – Bruce Anderson plays his 50th game for AFC with McInnes saying “hopefully Bruce can get his first start soon as his record of scoring 20 goals from 50 sub appearances is really pushing Sam and Nicky for a starting place” In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will now open in Spring 20

Mar 20 – McLeish sacked as Scotland manager after a 5-0 defeat to Serbia in InterToto play off after experimenting with a team full of left backs.

Apr 20 – AFC get allocated 500 tickets for Scottish Cup semi against sevco with SFA saying that “given it’s an 11am kick off and Aberdeen failed to sell out their allocation at Celtic Park at the game last Friday night it’s only but right that the future of Scottish football are given a fair allocation and besides Stuart agreed to this at the Lodge meeting last night”. Sevco issue a statement condemning the 49,500 sevco allocation saying it is a travesty that 500 sevconians will miss out. In other news Central Coaches and First Bus both go bust

May 20 – AFC finish 7th after ten 1-0 wins, twenty-two 0-0 draws and six 5-0 defeats to celtic/sevco. McInnes says that he saw signs that the Cosgrove/Maynard partnership was starting to work and would score more than the one goal it did this year, next season. In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will never open. AFC announce that following the double setback on the transport plan for the new stadium they have acquired 5,000 bikes as the best way for fans to commute to the game. Robert Wickes further adds that “we couldn’t have bought the bikes without DNA funding”.

Jun 20 – McInnes quits AFC to take the Scotland job saying that following the seventh place finish he is happy that he has left AFC in a stronger place than when he took over. McInnes picks his first Scotland team saying that he is going back to traditional Scottish values. He names the following team.
    McGregor
    Broadfoot, McCrorie, Bates, Wallace
    Dorrans, Jack, Halliday, Murphy
    Miller, Boyd

Jul 20 – Stuart Milne announces the next AFC manager as **** (insert the manager who is the latest fad of whichever team is doing the best out of Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness, Plymouth)

Anyway, that’s how I see the path to McInnes being the next Scotland manager for those of you still awake to be reading this far!!

brilliant

Exciting times! Looks like we do ok in the cups.

Absolute Brilliant.

Particularly like the confidence that we will beat SevCo in the Scorrish Cup semi

Apr 19 – AFC are allocated 5,000 tickets for the Scottish Cup semi against sevco as SFA say that due to Aberdeen not selling out their away allocation at last Sunday’s 10am kick off at Kilmarnock, it’s only but right that the sevconians get a fair share of the tickets.

May 19 – Graham Shinnie is sent off before the start of the Scottish Cup final against celtic by Willie Collum after Scott Brown complains that his pre match handshake was too firm. In other news Transport Scotland announce the AWPR will now open in Summer 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Exciting times! Looks like we do ok in the cups.
    Only the Scottish, Nostradamus's predictions didn't mention the league cup

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Only the Scottish, Nostradamus's predictions didn't mention the league cup
    That's because I am not feeling confident at the moment. Hopefully I am wrong and come the day I will be feeling better about our chances

haha very good, i chuckled quite a few times reading that! Scary thing is that some of it probably isn’t too far from reality!

My first thought was 'too many words'. I was going to give it a miss but glad I stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    My first thought was 'too many words'. I was going to give it a miss but glad I stuck with it.
    So was I but in the end it made me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    My first thought was that someone has too much time on their hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast