+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - tram-train

OT - tram-train

Details of the timetable and prices have been announced for the new tram-trains that are set to start taking passengers later this month.

https://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2018/10/ne...-fills-in.html

As an example of the prices, passengers will be able to get from Parkgate to Meadowhall for £1.80. A trip further than the FlyDSA Arena is £2.50.

Blimey that is brilliant pricing.

On behalf of everyone who will travel to the area from afar and experience this great mode of transport I would like to thank you all for subsidising this service for us.

Where is the stop at Parkgate?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Where is the stop at Parkgate?
    At the back of the retail park

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    As an example of the prices, passengers will be able to get from Parkgate to Meadowhall for £1.80. A trip further than the FlyDSA Arena is £2.50.

Blimey that is brilliant pricing.

On behalf of everyone who will travel to the area from afar and experience this great mode of transport I would like to thank you all for subsidising this service for us.
    The government funded it, it's a £50 million two-year pilot project to see if tram-trains would work all over the country.

Should have extended Sheffield Supertram through Whiston to Maltby as proposed years ago (early 90s??). Would really have benefitted that part of Rotherham.

I remember local residents campaigning against it.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Should have extended Sheffield Supertram through Whiston to Maltby as proposed years ago (early 90s??). Would really have benefitted that part of Rotherham.

Some of them still have ‘say no to the tram’ Placards in their gardens.

To be fair though I wouldn’t have wanted it on my doorstep either.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

I always looked at that project as opening the Ellaby industrial estate up for the habitants of Sheffield and not the other way round WanChai

They got the HS2 instead now.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The government funded it, it's a £50 million two-year pilot project to see if tram-trains would work all over the country.
    If its not cosing you guys owt I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I always looked at that project as opening the Ellaby industrial estate up for the habitants of Sheffield and not the other way round WanChai
    I always saw it working both ways. Opening up the job market in Shef for Roth residents. Sheffielders with jobs in the city to relocate to Roth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast