+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O.T.:- Music gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think the last gig I went to was Faithless at the ice arena about 10 years ago. Great performance, sh!t venue. My best memories are of punk gigs getting on for forty years ago seeing the likes of The Dead Kennedys and Siouxsie and the Banshees. Punk in the 70s changed the music scene in a massive positive way, f@cking off the big producers and spawning loads of independent labels. I find this thread a bit odd to be honest, in that it seems to asking for recommendations on what to go and see. Surely we all like what we like without asking anyone else to tell us? Some people revere The Beatles, personally I would rather listen to the screeches of mating cats.
    So right re the punk scene in the 70s , went to loads best was the clash at de montford hall Leicester in 78

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Good morning Fatboy ..... sorry I can't go back that far. However without the older generation i.e. Jack Dunnett, Lou Levin. Billy Barrowcliffe, John Mountenay and Derek Pavis to name a few, there would be no Notts County FC. I take onboard your sarcasm but as you know this is the lowest form of wit and as this often means constipation, I feel for you. Therefore as I understand you are having a few financial problems at present, please allow me to pay for a bag of prunes. Do however take them before next Wednesday as the last thing I would want is you smelling whilst you're on your big day out next Saturday.
    Christ, from a post taking the piss out of all the owd folk contributing to this thread you’ve deduced I’ve got constipation and financial problems. It must be those powers of logic which have contributed to your outstanding business success.

CUSSP, what did you think to Noel at the Arena, I thought it was very subdued, but he is trying to shake off the Parka Monkeys?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    So right re the punk scene in the 70s , went to loads best was the clash at de montford hall Leicester in 78
    Clash
    Fingers
    Undertones
    Buzzcocks
    Slits

Were my top 5

My mate once took me to a gig by some group called Gay Bikers On Acid,after they had finished there was another group on afterwards that was called Lesbian Dopeheads On Mopeds which was the former group but dressed up as women,I'm still not sure if I dreamt it

Gay bikers on acid used to be on channel 4 indie chart hits on Saturday morning strawberry switchblade i remember it was a brilliant programme

I'm off to see Glasvegas on Thursday if anyone is going? Amazing first album and then turned **** after that...luckily they are touring the first album!

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    I'm off to see Glasvegas on Thursday if anyone is going? Amazing first album and then turned **** after that...luckily they are touring the first album!
    Really liked that album. Saw them live at Trent Uni around that time, the sound was cr@p which made it a pretty average experience.

Should be decent at the Rescue Rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Change of direction from politics.
    Just wondered what live gigs anyone as been too see in past few years that would recommend going too.
    THIS..... In Notts on 29th Nov at bodega apparently....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ib6c4sesDg

Blimey quite liked that Manc think i could only do bout 4 songs though unless i was on acid which i dont do lol

The Vryll Society from Liverpool are my favourite 'new' band. They've been around for a couple of years but have just released their debut album. Off to see them in Manchester tonight - the 6th time Ive seen them. If they're in Notts again go see them (they last played at the Bodega a year or so back). Fave track here...https://youtu.be/LxDXcg8rx3E

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast