+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T.:- Music gigs

O.T.:- Music gigs

Change of direction from politics.
    Just wondered what live gigs anyone as been too see in past few years that would recommend going too.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-01-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added omitted O.T. prefix

Went to the A-ha/OMD/Thompson twins concert last June at Cambridge United's Abbey Stadium and wondered why Meadow Lane could not host such an event. The pitch was protected by temporary flooring that slotted together like a giant jigsaw so damage to the playing surface should not be a concern

That sounds like a cracking night lost voice i bet. I Saw omd in york they were excellent some gpod new stuff aswell. Simple minds in lincoln was great to see them but his voice isn't the best nowdays. DM were absolutely superb last year top live band

Roy Orbison and The Beatles at the Odean, Nottingham. Well, it was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 80milesSouth View Post
    Went to the A-ha/OMD/Thompson twins concert last June at Cambridge United's Abbey Stadium and wondered why Meadow Lane could not host such an event. The pitch was protected by temporary flooring that slotted together like a giant jigsaw so damage to the playing surface should not be a concern
    In the mid-1990s I saw the shoegazing/Britpop band Lush perform in our own Meadow Club as it was then, which was quite something given that they were enjoying significant chart success at the time (Single Girl, Ladykillers etc). I don't know if it was a booking made before they hit the big time and they simply had to honour it, or whether they chose to play such a small/basic venue for the hell of it, but it did seem an odd choice! They did a professional job though.

The Specials and Selecter at rock city. Going to see the Macc Lads there in December as well

Quote Originally Posted by magpiekev View Post
    The Specials and Selecter at rock city. Going to see the Macc Lads there in December as well
    Remember seeing all of those at Rock City in the 80’s. Looking at getting tickets for From The Jam for November but having to leave it late due to other commitments.

Also one of the weirdest gigs I ever went to was at The Palais circa 1985 where the list of acts playing that night included The Sweet, Bad Manners and Gary Glitter amongst others!

Nice one ncfcog i would of liked to see The Jam is this band spot on? Ive seen New Model Army a couple of times ar rock city good nights. My uncle was in The Sweets fan club quite like a few of their songs fox on the run, ****age rampage ect lol

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Roy Orbison and The Beatles at the Odean, Nottingham. Well, it was a few years ago.
    I saw the Beatles at the Odeon, too, and when I say saw, I do mean saw, as I never heard a thing except John Lennon shouting "SHURRUP!" at all the girls screaming. 7s 6p it cost me (37.5p) to hear a load of ****age gels screaming their lungs out.
    I also saw them at the old Elizabethan Rooms off Upper Parliament Street, a bit classier this, 15 shillings! (75p) and you could actually hear the music.

My favourites were always The Beatles and Bob Dylan, but it's only worth seeing Bob Dylan just so's you could say you've seen Bob Dylan. I saw him at what is now the Motorpoint Arena, no atmosphere, no reaction or chat with the audience, nothing, no announcement of the next song, changing the tunes of his most well-known songs enough to make them unrecognisable. I also saw him at the old Aston Villa Sports Club (or something like that) on his Unplugged tour, same non-atmosphere, just the same except you could recognise the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Nice one ncfcog i would of liked to see The Jam is this band spot on? Ive seen New Model Army a couple of times ar rock city good nights. My uncle was in The Sweets fan club quite like a few of their songs fox on the run, ****age rampage ect lol
    From The Jam is Bruce Foxtons band, they are pretty much spot on to be fair.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast