+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nicky Maynard

Nicky Maynard

I hope everyone will give Nicky a rousing welcome tomorrow. Daggers should also hear our appreciation for all his efforts while he was here. hello

I agree.

Best forward on the pitch by a mile.

Some abuse was perhaps more fitting.
    If old 'Dreadlocks' had any feelings for us he could have signed on a reduced wage packet.
    But no-he went where he could get more dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    Some abuse was perhaps more fitting.
    If old 'Dreadlocks' had any feelings for us he could have signed on a reduced wage packet.
    But no-he went where he could get more dosh.
    I am sorry, but why the hell should he sign for us if someone else is offering more money. We had no budget for him when he turned up to train at our facilities. Good luck to him, He has missed a lot of football because of injury and it would have been a huge gamble to pay him on top of our other forwards given his injury record. He was utterly respectful of Crewe Alexandra on Saturday to the point of giving our players the ball when there was a free kick against him. Maybe it would be better if all footballers adopted that attitude as a matter of course rather than the normal.