+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: our Norman Hunter

sinkov --that is a clear and succinct description of why many of us have a vehement dislike for Hunter ---Frank Casper does not hold as hivh an opinion as we do! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't think Hunter was anything out of the ordinary back in those days, most teams had their hard men, no need to list them, we all know who they were, although Leeds had more than most. Thing is with Hunter's tackle on Casper is that it was from behind, six foot at least over the touchline, with the ball long gone. If Frank had been threatening the Leeds goal fair enough, if he had been at least involved in the game fair enough, but he wasn't even on the field of play, and Hunter wrecked his career. Just because he could it seems, that's why we think he's a c-u-n-t.
    Wow Sinker, thats a very honest and brutal comment there about Norm lol.
    But like I say, he was at Leeds in those days and not at my club, so you can't tar us all with that particular mucky brush.

Anyway, if your interested Sub, heres a Vlog of our match today.

Last edited by Acido; 13-10-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wow Sinker, thats a very honest and brutal comment there about Norm lol.
    But like I say, he was at Leeds in those days and not at my club, so you can't tar us all with that particular mucky brush.
    To be honest Acido I never associate your lot with Hunter. And I don't enjoy this PL lark at all, I miss the days out at Barnsley, Doncaster, Hull, Leeds, Rotherham and Sheffield in the Championship. If you get yourself promoted it wouldn't break my heart if we're relegated and we're playing your lot again.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    To be honest Acido I never associate your lot with Hunter. And I don't enjoy this PL lark at all, I miss the days out at Barnsley, Doncaster, Hull, Leeds, Rotherham and Sheffield in the Championship. If you get yourself promoted it wouldn't break my heart if we're relegated and we're playing your lot again.
    Tahh Sinker mate, thats really nice of you to say that.
    I think we've got a good footy league going here in this country, and its NOT the apallingly over rated Premier league is it!.
    Like you said, the local derbies and the banter etc mean a lot to me as a fan, and I like the northern thing instead of having to play teams like Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Brighton, Yeovil, Bristol, & Brentford etc.

"Joking aside Sub, I know what Norm was all about of course and he was one of those players who you wanted in your team, rather than playing against your team."

Sinkov described the assault by Hunter perfectly. It was the action of a bloody coward.
    No way would I ever want to see a player like him playing for Burnley - I don't think he would get any support from the Clarets massive either.

We had some hard lads who could look after themselves...but nothing like the Leeds gang.

I was very uneasy when we signed Joey Barton, but in his time at Turf Moor he was a credit to the club in every way.

Really '1959, did you all seriously rate Joey Barton ?.
    Im surprised to hear that, becuase he comes across to the rest of us as a talentless thug. But thats what Im saying here about Norman, its one of those players who you want in your team, rather than playing against your team!.

Really '1959, did you all seriously rate Joey Barton ?.
    Im surprised to hear that, becuase he comes across to the rest of us as a talentless thug. But thats what Im saying here about Norman, its one of those players who you want in your team, rather than playing against your team!.

Acido, 59/60 is right, you won't hear a wrong word about Joey Barton from any Burnley fan. I think it started the season before he signed for us, he was playing for QPR and some moron threw a coke bottle at him as he was taking a throw-in, it hit him on the back of the head, he turned round, picked it up, grinned at the crowd and threw it away. Most players would have gone down, writhing in agony, and BFC could have been in serious trouble, but Barton didn't make a meal of it, and you don't forget things like that.

While he was here his behaviour was exemplary, never a problem, despite constant provocation. When the ball hit the back of our net he was first in to pick it up and take it back to the halfway line, he was a leader, he was respected by the other players, manager and fans. You read about his exploits earlier in his career and wonder about him, but it was a totally different Joey Barton who played for us. He will always be welcome back at Burnley.

I think we've got a good footy league going here in this country, and its NOT the apallingly over rated Premier league is it!.
    Like you said, the local derbies and the banter etc mean a lot to me as a fan, and I like the northern thing instead of having to play teams like Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Brighton, Yeovil, Bristol, & Brentford etc.

Agree with you Acido, it will never happen, but I'd love it if the leagues went regional below the PL. We could have a Championship North with the following 24 teams -

Barnsley
    Burnsley
    Sheffield United
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Derby
    Leeds
    Blackburn Rovers
    Accrington Stanley
    Wigan
    Stoke City
    Bolton Wanderers
    WBA
    Middlesborough
    Nottingham Forest
    Rotherham
    Preston North end
    Aston Villa
    Hull City
    Norwich City
    Huddersfield
    Fleetwood
    Doncaster Rovers
    Birmingham City
    Sunderland

I'd certainly buy a Season Ticket for that league !! You can dream can't you.

You need to edit that post and get Burnsley above Barnley Sinky.

I am always extremely polite and welcoming to our guests Alfie, you know that, and it's only fantasy, we both know, as does Acido, that in real life Burnsley would finish well above Barnley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)