+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today's Team

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Agree wi that ESR, Luton obviously saw him as a weak point in our defence and exploited his lack of experience but for the first 20 minutes he looked very comfortable.I sad to my mate last 2 mins dunt do owt daft and we give them a pen on the stroke of half time.

Second half I thought we cancelled each other out, good side at times Luton I'm tipping them to be thereabouts at the end of the season.

Gunna have to change mi half time draw seller, good pickup for somebody to day we'd four tickets and nowhere near. Gypo's won today away at Rochdale to keep pace wi us, got to mek that game in hand count aint we.
    Just over a quarter of the season gone , if we carry on at the same rate and despite the fact we've huffed and puffed , not had our strongest team out we will accumulate 100 points and score a 100 goals .

Nobody will live with us over a full season at that rate and we haven't seen the best of this team yet in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Good game. Two sides interested in playing football on a challenging day weather wise. We saw some real quality in the final 3rd from us today, all our goals were excellently finished and at times there was some really pleasing football. The players that caught my eye were Brad Potts, Moncur and Cavare. All look a cut above to me but a special mention for Potts workrate, man of the match for me.

Looking at young Brown he got himself into some great positions but took an extra touch when he should've let fly. He's great in the air for such a diminutive figure and has good awareness. I have hopes for him.

Ben Williams struggled at times and looked off the pace against decent opposition but he gave it everything and there's definitely a player there for me, just get savvy quick young man. He's uncompromising, another Chris morgan type in the making.

Chuffed with 3 points and the effort on show, carry on like that and we'll be up there.

You see the weather wouln't have played such a part if we'd just

GTFCFI

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You see the weather wouln't have played such a part if we'd just

GTFCFI

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just over a quarter of the season gone , if we carry on at the same rate and despite the fact we've huffed and puffed , not had our strongest team out we will accumulate 100 points and score a 100 goals .

Nobody will live with us over a full season at that rate and we haven't seen the best of this team yet in my opinion .

What I noticed today was the amazing work rate. I'm not knocking it by any means but to maintain that kind of work rate with a thin squad over 50 odd games is a big, big ask in my opinion. I believe that unless we bolster the squad in January and don't lose any players then we may possibly burn out, our academy players become exposed and we lose out on important league points. I hope we're on the hunt for players come January because im sick to death of that January window ballzing our season up. Get on it Goathair and don't feed us the line that we're content with the squad we have cos it may well come back to bite us on the arse

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    What I noticed today was the amazing work rate. I'm not knocking it by any means but to maintain that kind of work rate with a thin squad over 50 odd games is a big, big ask in my opinion. I believe that unless we bolster the squad in January and don't lose any players then we may possibly burn out, our academy players become exposed and we lose out on important league points. I hope we're on the hunt for players come January because im sick to death of that January window ballzing our season up. Get on it Goathair and don't feed us the line that we're content with the squad we have cos it may well come back to bite us on the arse
    It's a decent point pass , however we don't always play with that level of intensity all the time , I'd say apart from today and the Oxford game we haven't really hit those kind of levels at least in the home games .

I think Stendel is shrewd enough to know that it's simply not possible to play like that for 46 games .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123