+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's Team

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Thiam has scored some ***** goals so far this season I just wish he was a 90 minute man then again he might be our SUPER SUB
    5 minutes summed the lad up when he came on in the second half .

Firstly he bends one right in the top bins , great goal and then rolls a simple pass out wide to Potts and puts it out of play .

Fuq me , drives me nuts this guy .

(cont) the asterisks were spelt *****

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Please get Pinillos on in the second half , I hate to see young kids not having the greatest time out there but young Williams is a liability .

Out of his depth today , his time will come but not right now .
    Deffo got skill , his confidence seemed low today. Content to go back rather than forward. He will progress and learn
    .tough game that ! Good to watch. Too close for me towards the end. Should have buried them before half time. Penalty cane at just the right time for them. Sticky before we got the third

Not just the pen Kev , got caught the wrong side on at least two occasions prior to that .

Moncur having a storming game , finely balanced game to be fair , Luton certainly no mugs .
    Good game. Two sides interested in playing football on a challenging day weather wise. We saw some real quality in the final 3rd from us today, all our goals were excellently finished and at times there was some really pleasing football. The players that caught my eye were Brad Potts, Moncur and Cavare. All look a cut above to me but a special mention for Potts workrate, man of the match for me.

Looking at young Brown he got himself into some great positions but took an extra touch when he should've let fly. He's great in the air for such a diminutive figure and has good awareness. I have hopes for him.

Ben Williams struggled at times and looked off the pace against decent opposition but he gave it everything and there's definitely a player there for me, just get savvy quick young man. He's uncompromising, another Chris morgan type in the making.

Chuffed with 3 points and the effort on show, carry on like that and we'll be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Good game. Two sides interested in playing football on a challenging day weather wise. We saw some real quality in the final 3rd from us today, all our goals were excellently finished and at times there was some really pleasing football. The players that caught my eye were Brad Potts, Moncur and Cavare. All look a cut above to me but a special mention for Potts workrate, man of the match for me.

Looking at young Brown he got himself into some great positions but took an extra touch when he should've let fly. He's great in the air for such a diminutive figure and has good awareness. I have hopes for him.

Ben Williams struggled at times and looked off the pace against decent opposition but he gave it everything and there's definitely a player there for me, just get savvy quick young man. He's uncompromising, another Chris morgan type in the making.

Chuffed with 3 points and the effort on show, carry on like that and we'll be up there.

Great effort from the coaching team and the lads , came up against a decent side in Luton and despite having a plenty of selection problems we still got the 3 points and were well worth the win .

Extremely pleasing because adversity is getting overcome and that's how you get promoted .

Hecky still using the word WE when referring to the club .

Once a TYKE always a TYKE .

:-) :-) :-)
    Correct mate

Please get Pinillos on in the second half , I hate to see young kids not having the greatest time out there but young Williams is a liability .

Out of his depth today , his time will come but not right now .
    Thought he started well then had a shocker for the last 20mims of the first half and Luton started doubling up on him . Right to bring him off but he’s good cover and will be ok in time .

5 minutes summed the lad up when he came on in the second half .

Firstly he bends one right in the top bins , great goal and then rolls a simple pass out wide to Potts and puts it out of play .

Fuq me , drives me nuts this guy .

We’ve said it before haven’t we . Suited as a sub definitely and he’s still a young lad but hasn’t the physique to play 90 regularly. It was really windy and I don’t think that helped with the pass you mention

It was a good game to watch,i have to say tho Chaps i thought Barnsley were sloppy wi both the Luton goals.Barnsley scored 2 good goals and the 3rd was exceptional.I thought Barnsley just deserved the points well done to all Oakwell.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Thought he started well then had a shocker for the last 20mims of the first half and Luton started doubling up on him . Right to bring him off but he’s good cover and will be ok in time .
    Agree wi that ESR, Luton obviously saw him as a weak point in our defence and exploited his lack of experience but for the first 20 minutes he looked very comfortable.I sad to my mate last 2 mins dunt do owt daft and we give them a pen on the stroke of half time.

Second half I thought we cancelled each other out, good side at times Luton I'm tipping them to be thereabouts at the end of the season.

Gunna have to change mi half time draw seller, good pickup for somebody to day we'd four tickets and nowhere near. Gypo's won today away at Rochdale to keep pace wi us, got to mek that game in hand count aint we.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast